Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel and restaurant and Soon to open The Farmyard at the Newt with a further 17 rooms and new restaurant. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric surroundings. All food prepared in our kitchen is with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails.
Our Food and Beverage team members assist with the smooth running of service in the Botanical Rooms, bar and lounge areas.
You will be happy to work as part of a team and passionate about hospitality. Prime focus will be on guest’s experience throughout the dining experience, supporting your team in ensuring front of house team delivers and upholds the exceptional service levels. You will be willing to learn, delivering impeccable service and able to follow our steps of service. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with your team is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
If you have experience in supervising or have amazing bar tending skills the let us know!
* To assist with ensuring our bar and restaurant is impeccably set and that service throughout is faultless.
* Ensure our guests have the best possible experience, following steps of service.
* Supporting others within the department.
* Following systems to uphold presentation and upkeep of the department.
* Ensure you have great menu knowledge, learning from team leaders, giving you confidence in your delivery.
* Willing to be flexible in different styles of service, such as private/outdoor dining.
* Maintain company representation, ensuring you always look impeccable.
* Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
*Skills and Experience*
* Previous Experience in a Waiter (1year) role in high-end restaurant is desirable but not essential
* Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
* Confidence in talking to others
* Great attention to detail
* Great time management and self-motivated
* Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
* Basic computer skills
* Previous experience working with ResDiary and communication platform Teams is preferred
*Excellent Benefits package available from day one including*:
* Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
* Annual Performance Bonus
* 30% discount in the shops across the estate
* 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
* 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
* 50% discount in the Spa
* Discounted hotel stays for staff
* Family pass to access the estate
* Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
* Family Events 3 times per year
* Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
* Cross Training and career development opportunities