At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,900 employees and in 2020, our Group generated revenues of over $1.894 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
Key responsibilities of the Role:
- Research & develop in new materials and technologies.
- Ensure the effective planning, co-ordination and execution of R&D project work.
- Lead assigned R&D projects, ensuring that project objectives & timelines are met, with project resources being best utilised to achieve these objectives.
- Maintain overall scientific expertise by keeping updated on scientific advancements through publications, patents, university contacts, industrial contacts, websites and vendor discussions.
- Represent R&D on Cross-functional Project Teams associated with key Product Development, Market Support or Change Control projects
- Manage business relationships with external consultants, vendors and research institutes, whilst protecting the Company’s Intellectual Property.
- Generate new Intellectual Property for the Company through collaborative work within R&D and with the Legal department. Protect Company Intellectual Property through close work with the Legal department.
- Prepare and present internal and external publications and posters which support the Company’s scientific excellence and marketed products.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with ISO13485 and 21CFR820 Quality Systems & EHS requirements.
- Provide input to technical projects (across the business) as an internal expert in scientific/technical discipline.
Required skills & experience:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent qualification) in relevant science related subject (with preference for a course including chemistry, biochemistry, or material science) with additional scientific/technical qualifications and experience.
- Expert knowledge in a specified technical/scientific area.
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Industry, preferably within an R&D/product development function.
- Full working knowledge of FDA and European regulations and guidelines relating to Quality Systems and GMP for Medical Devices
- Proactive and flexible in adapting to changing environment and able to balance multiple, competing priorities to meet objectives
- Proficient in the utilisation of computerised systems to manage data and information that assist in the efficient operation of the R&D Technical Services functions
- Able to generate R&D technical reports and scientific documentation.
- Detailed knowledge of statistical principles applied to data analysis.
- Able to generate new innovation and development projects through application of technical knowledge.
- Able to supervise laboratory functions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate in a cross-function, multinational environment, building co-operative working relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
If you are an active employee at ConvaTec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "ConvaTec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs". Thank you!