Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Worker to join our Facilities Management team at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford on a permanent basis. This is a full-time role working 40 hours p/week from 8am to 5pm.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager
- To deliver both planned and corrective maintenance specific to maintain water quality and systems with a particular focus on delivering Statutory Compliance to ACoP L8, HSG274 and HTM04-01 parts A-C.
- To carry out statutory inspections to the building fabric to ensure compliance is maintained
- Undertake the responsibilities of the Water Hygiene Competent Person (CP)
- Take temperature readings. Disassemble, inspect, clean & reassemble water fittings
- Record all PPM and Reactive works carried out, identify remedial works to be undertaken on the documentation provided
- Assist the water RP when water risk assessments are carried out, escort subcontractors
- Carry out inspections to the building fabric, to ensure correct operation, record all defects
- Liaise with the site storesperson to ensure that stock required to undertake the role is maintained.
- Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00
- Desirable to have knowledge of building services engineering (Mechanical and Electrical) within a Healthcare environment
- An NVQ 2 or equivalent qualification in plumbing or a related field is desirable
- Essential to have an understanding of water systems and water related equipment
- IT Literate and ability to set up electronic water hygiene files
- Demonstrate good communication, planning and time management skills
- Ability to show examples of using initiative and judgement to resolve problems
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training and development opportunities.