We are looking for an experienced FP&A Analyst to join the team at Arch.
• The purpose of the role is to work alongside the FP&A Manager in providing financial analysis to the businesses regarding Insurance segment, Reinsurance segment, UK Regional segment
• Build out reporting on expenses and outwards reinsurance
• Build relationships with key stakeholders and assist with the provision of financial analysis, both historical and forward looking.
• Involvement in producing quarterly/ monthly underwriting performance reports, overseeing information is captured accurately from different policy administration systems into the General Ledger.
• Involvement in the Group planning cycle for ultimate and financial year plans for 2 Lloyd’s syndicates, UK company and Irish company
• Provide financial reporting and planning to support both for financial reporting internally within the Group and providing information to other areas of the business including operations, underwriting and claims.
• Ensure data accuracy in the general ledger relating to multiple policy administration systems and oversee controls in place.
• Build relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure information is accurately reflected and provides insight into future initiatives and strategic direction.
• Assist with the production of monthly management information (MI), bordereau or information reports to external parties and ad hoc analysis.
• Assist in the annual budget process and reforecasting process and three-year strategy.
• Support the FP&A Manager with presentations and board reporting requirements.
• Support the quarter end and financial year end processes as required including, but not limited to, audit engagement, recharges and financial statements.
• Involvement in projects on an ad hoc basis as required include underwriting profitability projects, expenses reviews and M&A.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail; for example looking at large amounts of data to identify trends.
• Advanced MS Office skills, notably Excel.
• Excellent written and oral communication; able to communicate with people at all levels across finance and non-finance departments.
• Has a proactive mind-set to understand the ‘why’.
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items.
• Works well within teams and able to engage with a variety of people across multiple departments.
• Ability to manage direct reports.
• 3-5 post qualified experience
• Insurance experience is required.
• Lloyd’s experience preferable.
• Great Plains/ TM1/ Anaplan beneficial.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: