Titan Recruitment are working with our growing Freight Forwarder client who are based in Burntwood to recruit for a UK Freight Specialist to join their UK Freight team. This is an exciting time to join this inclusive and collaborative business as they grow and develop their UK Freight team.
The successful UK Freight Specialist will have experience within the UK Freight industry, and ideally will have some knowledge of European Road Freight Operations although this is not essential. By joining the stable UK Freight team you will have the opportunity to provide a fresh insight into how capacity and capability can be increased, and will benefit from development opportunities.
Your daily responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
· Providing additional operational support to the UK Freight Manager
· Completion of important daily operational tasks predominantly for UK express freight but to assist with European express freight too
· Quoting, covering and inputting UK express shipments as well as part loads, full loads and UK Pallets on the IT systems
· Obtain prices for UK work prospects of other sales executives
· Close monitoring of UK same day shipments
· Providing excellent customer service to all customers and clients and resolving problems as they arise, and cross-selling where appropriate
· Confirming collections, deliveries and transit updates for all time-critical shipments
· Logging quotes and pro-actively chasing them to convert to shipments
· Help to source new hauliers and form new partnerships
In return for the above, the successful UK Freight Specialist will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £26,000 with an annual bonus based on company performance. You will be part of a collaborative and inclusive work culture with a forward thinking Freight Forwarder. There are incentives each month for when targets are hit, and the company truly values the input of their employees.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a self-starter and be highly motivated
· Be results focussed and have a willingness to tackle problems or conflicts that arise
· Be an excellent communicator with great listening skills
· Be a tough negotiator
· Have good working knowledge of various modes: pallets; groupage; part and full; pallet knowledge
· Good overall knowledge of European Freight industry and markets
· Be well-versed in using UK Distribution freight exchanges
· Be organised and have the ability to work calmly under pressure
If you would like to be immediately considered for this role, then please hit Apply Now and submit your most recent CV showcasing your relevant experience.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: