Let’s help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Our housebuilding business operates across 13 regional offices, which are currently developing around 200 sites across England. The design and construction blend tradition and innovation, creating homes and developments with contemporary living standards. Our product range includes one-bedroom apartments through to larger five-bedroom family homes.
In a Nutshell:
We have a great opportunity for Assistant Site Manager to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding West Midlands, at our Upper Heyford, Bicester site. As our Assistant Site Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of site-based project or remedial work. Assist in the control and delivery of construction projects to meet customer specifications (safety, quality, time, etc.) such that all risk, specification and project objectives are met in full.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities –
- In conjunction with the Area Build Director and Site Manager, assist with the preparation of the master build programme and review and revise in line with budget requirements.
- Conduct regular checks to ensure construction methods and timescales are correct and take corrective action if the site is not compliant.
- Liaise with the utility companies to ensure the build programme requirements are met.
- Ensure just in time material flow to trades.
- Manage all staff on site to ensure adherence to the waste policy.
- Arrange/attend meetings on site with the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and sub-contract requirements for the site.
- Conduct/attend fortnightly meetings with trades on site to promote communication, standards and objectives.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Discuss site presentation at sub-contractor adjudication and site meetings.
- Maintain the highest standard of site presentation at all times.
- Meet with the Sales Team Leader weekly to discuss site presentation and progress and ensure that all actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain all statutory records on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Ensure that all staff, sub-contractors and visitors to the site are appropriately inducted.
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring traffic management and site strategy plans are in place and reviewed
- as required.
- Follow Company guidelines in relation to accident and incident reporting procedures.
- In the absence of the Site Manager assess the site prior to the start of the working day responding to any emergencies and addressing any areas of risk.
- Regularly walk all areas of the site to observe general standards of health and safety and take remedial action
- as appropriate.
- Ensure all trades are using the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Attend health and safety and other training courses are required by the Company.
- In the absence of the Site Manager, ensure the site is secure at the end of each day.
- Ensure the forklift checklist is completed on a weekly basis and that all sub-contractor plant is roadworthy.
- Include health and safety and environment on the agenda for all site team meetings.
- Keep the health and safety compendium up to date at all times.
- In the absence of the Site Manager accompany health and safety advisors during site visits and undertake remedial action as appropriate.
- Assist the Site Manager in reviewing and actioning risk assessments and method statements for all operations.
- Deliver quality inductions to all sub-contractors on site to ensure the required quality standards are me
- Action items raised by the Area Build Director, Site Manager, Sales or Customer Care.
- Participate in daily talks with the team to prioritise workloads.
- Ensure that all materials are checked for damage and that they meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the protection guidelines as stated in the trade specification.
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, complete PPQA checklists accurately and return to the regional office on a weekly basis.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection carried out by the NHBC.
- Ensure all site staff are trained in and comply with the Customer Journey and the Company’s customer service commitments.
- Ensure all plots have a customer care pass before obtaining CML prior to legal completion.
- Carry out service visits in accordance with the Customer Journey.
- Carry out pre-occupation checks on all properties prior to handover.
- Deliver home demonstrations to customers in their own home, ensuring that all instructions and warranties in relation to appliances and heating systems are available.
- Communicate customer satisfaction surveys to all site based staff and ensure points raised are acted on.
- Arrange and attend effective site based meetings with the Sales Team Leader and that the required information is available to enable the Sales Team Leader to update the customers.
- Action remedial items raised at home demonstrations.
- Ensure that all plots to be handed over have adequate and appropriate access, parking, street lighting and signage.
- Manage the recruitment and induction of new employees in line with Company best practice guide.
- Conduct half yearly and annual appraisals with staff and liaise with Group HR to address development needs.
- Meet with your team members to discuss their progress on a regular, but not less that quarterly basis.
- Manage disciplinary and grievance situations in line with Company policy with assistance from Group HR.
- Manage and report all absences in accordance with Company policy.
- Monitor the performance and effectiveness of direct reports.
- Train develop and coach direct reports.
- Ensure that employees are not discriminated against or harassed or bullied at any time.
- CSCS Card
- Valid SMSTS Certificate
- Experience working on new build projects
- Experience in the management of Health and Safety
- NVQ Level 3-4 BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid Scaffold Inspection certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with group policy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Project and Asta Team plan
- Valid First Aid at Work Certificate
- Managing all aspects of the build process
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety obligations and building legislation
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Homes is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let’s tell you a bit more about us…
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds – we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.