Highways Planning Apprentice - South Mimms 2021
Closing Date – applications are open until 31st May 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to join our CPS Highways team based in South Mimms and work as the Highways Planning/Network Occupancy Apprentice. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Highways Planning with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Associate Project Manager level 4. The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 24 months.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here… There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your responsibilities as Network Occupancy Apprentice:
· Assist the delivery of CPS Contract obligations with regard to Roadspace allocation and co-ordination with all Stakeholders (internal and external) and Abnormal Load Movements
· Communicate and co-ordinate across CPS for all Roadspace needs
· Assist in optimising Roadspace utilisation
· To minimise disruption to the M25 network
· To ensure safe operation within multi-occupancy Roadspace worksites
· To deliver savings in Traffic Management costs to CPS
· Support the CPO and PMO function
· Provide resilience cover for other Network Occupancy Co-ordinators
· Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the CPO team
· Monitor Abnormal Load notifications coming in via CASCADE, EDSAL, fax and email to ensure they comply with Highways England regulations
· Ensure that Abnormal Load movements do not conflict with planned works
Who we’re looking for:
· You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English coupled with an interest in Network Management or Highways Planning
· You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel. Teams will also be used regularly, but can be trained on use
· Having a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn will be essential for this role.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.