Job Title: IT Supplier Relationship Manager
Location: Potters Bar (Flexible working available)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
The IT Supplier Relationship Management Lead role will proactively engage with the business to drive core supplier relationship management strategy in line with corporate objectives to extract maximum value and mitigate supplier risk for new and existing contracts and relationships.
The Supplier Relationship Management Lead will manage a portfolio of IT specific vendors and contracts at a UK level in alignment with agreed financial outcomes, business vision and strategy. The role will work closely with the relevant IT service delivery management team to develop and deliver category planning to increase performance and value from our supplier relationships. This includes leading negotiation and regular interaction with senior management from strategic and core suppliers. The role will include one direct report and provide a centre of excellence to the business on all Supplier Relationship Management related activities The contracts that are under review will include outsourced contracts and intragroup contracts which are high profile to the business senior management
• Manages and governs a portfolio of third party IT strategic suppliers (in the UK) ensuring that vendors are delivering against their contractual obligations and that Canada Life is receiving value for money
• Manages the relationship with Canada Life’s suppliers acting as central interface for contractual matters between Canada Life’s IT service owners and supporting and facilitating key governance meetings including formal business reviews
• Hosts regular Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) focus groups with other business (non IT) Contract Owners to lead the evolution and effective roll out of the SRM & TPRM programme across Canada Life UK
• Works closely with IT suppliers to access latest innovations, challenge unnecessary business demands, manage contract obligations and measure benefits secured from each supplier
• Reviews and optimizes the contracts landscape according to stakeholder demands to reduce complexity and minimize contractual risk
• Leads commercial relationships with suppliers and resolves and mitigates solutions where supplier performance is under expected standards
• Leads on resolving problems by analysing the facts first to identify the key or underlying issues to complex situations and tailors communications to the audience (or situation) in a simplistic way that provides new/ innovative ways to solve reoccurring problems with a constant continuous improvement mindset
• Manages risk and compliance through effective project, contract, demand and supplier performance management
• Challenges the status que by developing long term value adding supplier and relationship strategies that are aligned to business and category and supply chain strategies
• Contribute to commercial projects (eg. continuous improvement, innovation led initiatives, supply chain collaboration, etc.) and brings innovation from the supply base by contributing to the Category planning
• Deliver ongoing and increasing benefit to Canada Life through the effective engagement and negotiation with suppliers and delivery of initiatives that drive new customer propositions, cost reduction and service improvements during the life cycle of contracts
• To ensure effective communication and engagement with stakeholders at all levels to support the overall business strategy
• Accountable for the effective management and development of 1 direct report
• Adherence to all Canada Life policies including the Procurement Outsourcing Policy and Standards
• Strong experience in Procurement and looking for the next step up in their career
• Financial services background within a vendor management role
• Has proven third party cost reduction experience – particularly able to deliver savings during the contract term
• Engaging individual that can get their point across succinctly
• Experience of contract dispute resolution
• Strong commercial acumen
• University degree or equivalent (eg. CIPS)
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences