Trinity has an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Technician to work from our Wolverhampton branch . You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will earn a competitive salary.
Trinity is a 10-year joint venture between global knowledge enterprise Enzen and Sapphire Utility Solutions. The partnership's mission is to enable Cadent, the UK's largest gas distribution network, to deliver a safer, more resilient and more sustainable gas system to communities in the West Midlands for generations to come.
Through a best-in-class operating model, digital transformation and innovative solutions in process efficiency, Trinity will replace more than 300 kilometres of assets every year for the next decade, enhancing Cadent’s mains and service network infrastructure and achieving long-term value for consumers.
The Compliance Technician will work under the supervision of the Engineering Compliance Officer. Carrying out coaching, site inspections and audits to ensure best engineering practice and compliance with engineering and safety management systems/procedures required for the full scope of operational activities undertaken by the Construction Management Organisation.
- Ongoing development of compliance inspection and audit systems
- Carrying out compliance inspections and audits.
- Onsite coaching and the promotion of class leading engineering practice
- Production of compliance associated management information
- Act as an interface with Cadent engineering team.
- Production of all MI associated to compliance activities.
- Completion of the minimum number of mandated audits and inspections required.
- Undertake training and updates as specified to maintain adequate levels of engineering knowledge
Training and Qualifications
Ideally qualified or have an in-depth knowledge
- Gas engineering qualifications and competence
- Or Alternative Engineering Qualifications (preferred)
- A full driving licence will be required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have at least two years supervisory or team leader experience within the gas industry involving live gas operations and associated engineering work.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of SCO procedures.
- In depth knowledge of Cadent service laying and main laying, engineering policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of field-based data capture equipment.
- Field based audit and inspection skills.
- Coaching and influencing skills
- Effective communicator
- Client facing experience
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations
- High standard of written English
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with staff and operatives at all levels
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work as a member of a team, but also capable of working alone
- High quality standards, e.g. attention to detail
- Ability to lead by/set a good example
- Skilled auditor with site-based inspection experience
- Coaching skills.