Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for an Embedded Software Development Engineer to join our Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) Industrial FIRE team in Leicester. You would be responsible for the development of embedded software for industrial fire detection systems comprised of control panels, loop cards and field devices (transponder, smoke detectors) requiring expertise in various technologies like Micro controllers; FPGA and analogue circuit design targeted for SIL3 certification.
Embedded Software Development Engineer responsibilities
· Develop embedded firmware design for panels, loop cards, etc with adherence to cybersecurity
· Effort estimation and planning, technically manage external consultants and suppliers for software deliverables
· Maintain know how on applicable industrial FIRE standards
· Interact with marketing to define and clarify System requirements
· Generate innovative Ideas, Visit customers as part of OVOC (observational Voice of Customer) activities
· Investigate complex customer issues as required
· Bachelor or Master degree in engineering with specialization in electronics or computer science.
· Scaled Agile based product development with globally distributed teams
· Extensive experience in embedded software design & Development with IEC 61508 certification (preferable)
· Good communication, presentation, and leadership skills
· Fluent in spoken and written English
· Ability to travel worldwide ca. 20%
· A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
· Market specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.