Health and Wellbeing Team Leader - Thames Ditton, KT7
£13.50 per hour - 40 hours per week
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join us at Home of Compassion as a Health and Wellbeing Team Leader where you will be responsible for providing 7-day activities programme for our residents and leading a small team. This is a very hands on role that will also require someone that is able to balance working with residents, other staff members and doing required office hours.
You will get a shift between 8am and 9pm and will include weekend work.
Responsible for providing stimulation and encouragement to residents through entertainment, activities and community links. Promote the Home by assisting with fund-raising events and functions. Build good relationships with the service users and their relatives. Act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Home.
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual service user through liaison with care staff
- To ensure the safe and proper use of all equipment
- To maintain accurate and legible records in respect of service users’ activities
- To research all prospective outings/activities thoroughly and keeping in mind factors such as resident ability, access and toileting facilities etc.
- To liaise with senior care assistants in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding service users
The Right Person will have
- Experience working in a similar activities role working with elderly residents where you can put together an activities programme
- The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility to work shift patterns between the hours of 8am and 9pm
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- To have a person-centred approach in everything that you do
- Good interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude! Being an encouraging and upbeat person is essential for this kind of role.
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Great rates of pay– We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- One place of work– We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours– enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package– offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career pathladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programmewith full induction training including buddy system
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme– Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal- All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £150 for referring a carer and £500 for referring a nurse to us
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
If you have the skills and experience needed please click ‘APPLY’