PERM AND RELIEF/BANK AVAILABLE
Our client is seeking Support Workers to join their team for their flag ship retirement community, Pears Court, located in Stanmore, Hertfordshire. This is a prestigious new build development, which is part of our Sandringham Campus site. Phase 2 of this exciting development will be opening in early 2021, offering 48 one and two-bedroom retirement housing properties for rental.
This position will be working 37.5 hours per week. The salary is £10.15 if you have QCF2/NVQ2 or above or £9.69 per annum if you are working towards or willing to work towards your qualification.
They offer a 6-week induction training programme, which will enable new staff to understand how we work with tenants and provide a culturally appropriate service. There are opportunities to progress your career in care and support, alongside promotional opportunities with a fantastic induction and training and development programme.
• Checking tenants well-being on a regular basis, as directed according to their needs as detailed in their Care, support and Risk Plans.
• Responding to emergencies and contacting emergency services if required
• Dealing with breakdown of services, e.g. power cuts, responding appropriately to death, keeping a record of all emergencies attended to.
• implementing and monitoring care & support plans to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of Tenants
• Delivering personal care including bathing, feeding, etc. and other domestic tasks such as preparing meals, cleaning etc.
• Assisting with the preparation and provision of hot meals, communally or individually in tenant flats, observing Kashrut procedures always.
• Advocating on behalf of service users with other agencies.
• Signposting people to Welfare benefits advice.
• Contributing to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants.
• Contributing to effective team working and positive service culture, and be able to work effectively with people living with dementia and promote health and well-being for all tenants.
This role will require flexibility and the ability to work on a rolling rota to include weekends and bank holidays.
• NCQ level 2 in Health and social Care (Desirable, not essential)
• Previous Experience within a Care or Health setting.
• Excellent communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
They are looking for candidates with positive energy who enjoy working with people and understand the importance of team working. You will need to make decisions independently and develop trusting and respectful; relationships with all members of the team and tenants and their families.
The scheme houses Older Jewish People, so you will be interested in other people, their culture and preferences for living. All training in terms of understanding the Jewish way of life is provided during our extensive induction training.
Why you’ll love working with them:
Our client offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
They are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. Though our clients are of similar religious tradition, our staff represent various cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
4% employer pension contribution