Here at Iceland we’re different. We care. We’re not a dull stuffy corporate. We’re one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on……..
As a business, we are continually looking to improve how we do things, this includes technology enhancements to improve and simplify business processes through delivering high quality IT applications written by our .Net development team. As with all technology enhancements it is essential that we ensure the business requirements are fully understood and documented.
The Business Analyst will be involved in the projects throughout its life cycle. From requirements gathering to implementation. There will often be times when there are multiple projects being worked on at any one time. You will work closely with the Business Stakeholders, IT Developers, Testers, Integrations and Infrastructure teams to deliver the projects. Part of the role may involve establishing the team, motivating the team, monitoring team progress – this may even extend to third party suppliers.
Your Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Attending project kick off workshops, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retros
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the Testers to understand business / project requirements – this could involve facilitating workshops, 1-2-1 interviews etc.
- Documenting the requirements following the agile methodology (Epics, Features, Stories etc.) – providing process flows where appropriate
- Preparing project backlogs
- Provide updates during the stand ups and either in project team meetings, or steering groups
- Where appropriate support business stakeholders with product demos (outside of the sprint review) and UAT
- Where necessary offer support during transitional “go live” stage of projects
- Support the team regarding financial responsibility for designated projects, validating business benefits and project justification as well as managing the budgets
Essential Criteria needed in this role:
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to be vigilant and inquisitive with good attention to detail
- Understanding of workflows and process flow diagrams
- A natural curiosity and desire to succeed and drive for results
- The ability to work under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- The ability and willingness to work well in a team and also independently
- Confident in working with internal and external teams
- Willingness to support others
- Ability to multi-task and test on a varying number of platforms
- Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to manage workloads effectively.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge and/or expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge and/or expertise in using MS DevOps (Backlog, User Stories, Kanban Board)
- Office productivity skills are desirable, MS office, Excel, Visio etc
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you’ll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package,
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday,
- Flexible hours,
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount,
- Free parking onsite,
- Double discount weeks,
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite,
- Discounted gym membership,
- Charity fundraising events,
- Educational sponsorship,
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave,
- Long service awards,
- Reward & recognition,
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
If this sounds like you and you want to expand your career, please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you.