Our Client helps some of the UK’s best known brands and public sector organisations manage complex and regulated administration covering pensions, payroll and payments.
You will part of as team covering Payroll Production, Payroll Control and Reconciliation which contains circa 20 team members, including 3 team leads/managers. Your day to day role will be made up by 70% management of these three areas and 30% driving through payroll function change for all projects and system upgrades/releases.
Core Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Leading and motivating team members to ensure key deadlines and SLA’s are met
- Holding Performance Development Reviews with team leads/members on a regular basis, giving feedback both positive and negative
- Assisting the Team Leaders/Managers with staffing requirements for the team and resource planning
- Assessing any payroll function testing into the team and successfully implement this
- Having robust training matrix and plans in place to ensure that team are multi-skilled to fulfil the right customer outcomes
- Working with the team managers/leads to manage workload on a daily basis ensuring that all staff are fully utilised and resource concerns are escalated
- Ensuring team are carrying out work in line with documented procedures
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes include:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
Please contact me direct for more details.
- In-depth knowledge of payroll systems and processes
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain focused on delivering an excellent service when the team are in key peak activity
- Strong organisational skills to be able to manage own and teams priorities effectively as required
- Be a strong but positive communicator as the role involves engagement with stakeholders both around the business and external clients
- Demonstrable experience of People / Performance Management and/or leading a team, e.g. 121’s, coaching etc
- Evidence of change management and efficiency improvements
- Ability to engage and motivate team members to achieve the best individual and group performance
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/92716329