Job Title: Healthcare Administrator
Contract Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Days: Monday to Sunday (covering up to 5 days per week)
Hours: 40 hours per week (including travel time). Approx. 10+ hour shift.
Locations include: ST2 0EU / ST3 6AB / ST5 0SX / ST5 7NJ / ST6 2JN / ST16 2PA / ST19 5AP / ST19 5AP / WV5 9HA / WS11 5XY / WS12 1JF / WS12 1AA / B79 7EA – other locations may include Warwickshire, Shrewsbury, Telford, and Bassetlaw
Salary: £18,532.80 - *£21,000 plus 0.45 per mile
HealthHarmonie Ltd is a fast paced, growing organisation that operates from the vibrant city centre of Birmingham. Established in 2003, the company has grown with the ever-changing healthcare industry and developed its presence across all the UK. We work in partnership with several NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups nationwide to provide patients with access to community services closer to their home.
By joining the HealthHarmonie family you will be a part of the fundamental infrastructure needed to deliver excellent patient care across the UK. Whether this be joining us in a clinical role or an administration role your presence in HealthHarmonie is vital. All our roles require you to have an innovative thought process, a willingness to learn new skills and the want to oversee your own career by taking ownership of the role you are completing.
· Ongoing Support and Training - *opportunities to progress to Band 3/4 and once fully competent you gain a salary increase of £21,000 pa
· Excellent Career Progressions – with many members of our Management team having been promoted from within the company
· Pension Scheme
· NHS Employee Discounts
· Annual Salary Review
· Travel time included in contracted hours
· Claim 0.45 per mile
· 20 days Annual Leave + 8 days Bank Holidays
· Flexible working
· Uniform Supplied
· Overnight accommodation available and £25 allowance per night – For distance locations
Role & Responsibilities
As a Healthcare Administrator you will:
· Arrive at HH office to collect stock such as surgery/rash paperwork, pack for surgery clinics, keys for site, medication, prescriptions print off patient lists and health declaration forms prior to attending clinic.
· Ensure you have your laptop and a laptop for the clinician.
· Arrive at scheduled clinic as per rota in plenty of time to set up. Give reception a patient list so they know who should be in the building and at what time.
· Change into your Health Harmonie uniform provided.
· Working alongside consultants, doctors, surgeons, and nurses covering administration duties such as typing reports on behalf of clinician, filling out paperwork, print out paperwork for cryotherapy or phototherapy clinics, scanning documents, checking specimens or other samples.
· You will also act as a chaperone for clinicians.
· General housekeeping of rooms used.
· Return stock to office such as prescriptions and medication
· Finally, drop of specimens and other skin samples to the relevant hospital
Training and Development
*Once you have completed 6-month employment, you have an opportunity to enrol onto our fully funded courses Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care as well as Assisting on Medical Procedures for HCA with is equivalent to Band 3/4. Once fully competent you gain a salary increase of £21,000 pa.
You will be enrolled on to our 1–2-week comprehensive training plan from day 1 of your employment, which will equipment you with all the skills and knowledge you require to fulfil your duties as a PCA.
Some of the modules you will cover are:
· Safeguarding Adults
· Safeguarding Children
· Basic Life Support
· Infection Control
· information Governance
· Mental Capacity Act
· Equability and Diversity
· Domestic Violence
· DON & DOFF PPE
Patient safety and satisfaction is at the core of everything we do, therefore our ideal candidate should embrace our core values by being compassionate, motivated, attentive, and displaying a high degree of integrity and sense of excellence. The mobile nature of the role will also entail that you should have a driving license and your own car, as well as stay flexible regarding working arrangements.
While previous experience in administration would be preferable, we would welcome your application and invest on your training if you can show a great passion for providing high-quality care and take pride in your work.
The successful Healthcare Administrator will have the potential to make a real impact in our business, help our patients and embark on a fantastic career. However, before you can start this new, exciting adventure within the company we will need to ensure that you are legally eligible to work with us. This means that your role will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the provision of your right to work documentation at interview stage.
Your training will involve a corporate induction on your first day and then shadowing an experienced team member, which will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be successful in the role. This training is a vital part to the start of your career with us and you will need to commit to full attendance during this time.
HealthHarmonie prides itself for being an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from a wide array of backgrounds because we know that it is the differences in our people that make our company a better and more welcoming place to work.
Key words: Healthcare, Call Centre, NHS, Patients, Administration, Telephone Booking, Flexibility, Medicine, Targets, Training, Development, Travelling, Community Services, Vehicle, Mobile.