Toshiba Europe Limited has pioneered the development of quantum communication systems over the past decade, setting new standards for cryptography and data security. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the growing team developing our products within Toshiba s Quantum Technology Division, based in Cambridge, UK.
The successful candidate will lead the design, implementation and maintenance of our software stack. In this role, you will develop the software for hardware interfacing and control of our products, primarily comprising systems and network programming. You will join a dynamic organisation, working within a team of engineers and researchers, with the ability to make a significant impact and playing a major role in the development of next-generation secure communication products.
- Manage Toshiba s quantum technologies software code base (mostly C/C++), including maintenance of production code in addition to feature development
- Architect and implement new solutions for next-generation quantum technology products
- Work closely with hardware development and test teams to understand and solve software-related problems
- Write technical design and test documentation
- Mentor junior software engineers
- Software engineering experience in C/C++
- Knowledge of, or willingness to explore, other programming languages, e.g. Rust, Python, Go etc.
- Detailed knowledge of networking, hardware interfacing and system programming, including experience with multithreading
- Demonstrated systems programming experience within Linux environments
- Excellent programming and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with software development practices from project conception through to test and maintenance, including best practices such as Git, unit testing, code quality automation, agile management etc.
- Motivation to work in a multidisciplinary product team, demonstrating excellent communication skills and time management to successfully drive projects
- Knowledge of security aspects of software development
- Experience in cyber-security, cryptography and/or systems hardening
- Software engineering experience in the communications industry