Hilton London Metropole is one of the biggest hotels in Europe, with its 1059 guest rooms, 42 meeting rooms and 4 F&B Outlets as well as Room Service. Our vision is to “fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” and we are looking for dynamic and ambitious individuals to share this vision and our passion for delivering excellent customer service and to create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
At Hilton London Metropole we will help you turning your dreams into tangible goals, by offering you:
· Incredible learning and career progression opportunities. · Cross-exposure to all the F&B outlets with the opportunity to improve your skill sets and knowledge. · The opportunity to become part of one of the leading hospitality companies in the world: Hilton Hotels. · Fantastic benefits, such as, the GO Hilton Programme, which will give you access to discounted rates on stays in Hilton Hotels worldwide.
What are we looking for in a successful F&B Assistant?
To successfully fill this role in any of our outlets, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
· Passion for delivering excellence in guest service at all times · Naturally positive attitude · Ability to work as a key component of a team as well as independently · Strong communication skills · Excellent grooming standards · Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations Each of our outlets has its own personality and we are passionate about tailoring our service approach in each of them:
· Fiamma Restaurant and Sports Bar
During Breakfast service (buffet) you will work in a fast paced environment, with up to 1200 covers during the hotels busiest periods. For breakfast service shift times range from 5:30am starts to 3pm finishes.
During Dinner service (a la carte), you will have the opportunity to engage more with guests and deliver a more customised service. You will be required to have an excellent knowledge of the menu and your shifts will start either at 3pm or 5pm and will finish no later than 12am.
· Room Service and Mini Bar You will work in a fast paced environment, providing service to up to 60-70 rooms on average on a full shift of 8 hours. Your shift times would be 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm – 10pm to 6am.
· Herb N Kitchen is a grab-and-go convenience outlet with a range of fun, fresh and healthy food and beverage items.
Herb N Kitchen requires a dynamic team member able to deliver timely and efficient service with a welcoming and friendly attitude. A keen eye for detail is key when it comes to maintaining the retail display of the outlet and a passion for hot beverages, specifically coffee will always help!, Your shift times will range from 6:30am starts to 11pm finishes .
· EDG Bar and Whiskey/Gin Lounge (The hotels destination bar serving everything from your morning macchiato to the latest innovation in cocktails).
We need two profiles for this outlet: an F&B Assistant (Waiter/Waitress) and a specialised Bartender to prepare and serve excellent cocktails and drinks. It is necessary for the Bartender role, to have in-depth knowledge of a range of beverages with an onus on cocktail preparation. Your shifts could range from an early start of 7am to an early morning finish at 4am on occasions where the bar is bustling.
General duties/ expectations in all outlets:
- Welcoming each and every guest with the light and warmth of hospitality guests in a polite and friendly manner - Managing guest queries in a timely and efficient manner - Up-selling in line with latest departmental incentives and targets - Ensure compliance of brand standards - Preparation of table setups according to departmental standards - Ensure hygiene and cleanliness standards are maintained at all times - Assisting other departments wherever necessary and maintaining good working relationships across all areas
It would be advantageous for an F&B assistant as a minimum requirement to have: · Food and Beverage and/or industry experience · Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations · Experience with cash handlingApply for this job