|Salary:||From £13 to £17 per hour Negotiable on Experience|
|Company:||Contek Recruitment Solutions LTD.|
Contek are working with a high precision engineering company in King's Lynn who are currently seeking an experienced CNC Miller. This role is for an expanding company who have a fantastic future ahead and exciting prospects.
Core working hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, with the opportunity for overtime based on operational needs.
You must have experience with programming, setting and operating 3 axis milling machines, although experience of 4th and 5th axis would be desirable.
It would be beneficial, though not essential, to have experience of programming in Hurco WinMax.
My client has been in existence for 40 years - and specialises in making high precision parts for scientific instruments but also has significant business in specialist automotive, aerospace, and defense, to name but a few markets.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The primary purpose of the role is to manufacture the stated quantity of component parts according to provided job sheets and engineering drawings. This is to be done in accordance with the stated tolerances and surface finishes as detailed on the customer drawings.
- All required tooling and material will be provided. The job sheet will be provided based on the production schedule.
- The CNC Machinist (Milling) is responsible for ensuring the quality of the parts produced.
1. Check Job Sheet & Engineering Drawing: ensure that stated set and run times look reasonable, that material sizes look reasonable, that all required dimensions and tolerances appear on drawing. Check that any special tooling required is available.
2. Manufacture First Off Part: ensure that parts are programmed and manufactured in the correct sequence according to the Production Manager & / or the production schedule. Ensure that manufactured part complies with dimensions / tolerances / surface finish using hand measuring instruments.
3. Provide to Inspection Department for checking and sign off. No job can commence until First Off Approval has been obtained in writing.
4. Manufacture Parts: ensure that parts are constantly checked for dimension and surface finish. Ensure parts are properly deburred and clean.
5. Ensure Accuracy Of Recorded Information On Job Sheet: record set time and run time for parts made. Record any observations regarding the manufacture of the part including material sizing. Ensure programs are properly saved on the machine.
6. Machine Maintenance: ensure that basic day to day maintenance checks are conducted and that lubricants are kept topped up. Empty waste oil containers. Ensure cleanliness of the machine and working area art all times.
7. Tooling Maintenance: ensure that the set of tooling consumables issued to the machine is in serviceable condition. Dispose of any unserviceable tooling consumables and unsure that the Production Manager is informed about new tooling consumable requirements for re-order.
8. Health & Safety: comply with all health and safety regulations and always ensure a safe system of work.
9. Consider improvement: always think about ways of doing things better and be prepared to present ideas to the Production Manager.
10. Comply with the ISO9001 quality management system. 11. Maintain Confidentiality: always maintain confidentiality of customer information.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: