We're blubolt and we design, build and optimise beautiful Shopify eCommerce sites for fast growing brands.
This is an exciting role for an UI/UX designer to join us and work on medium to large-scale Shopify and Shopify Plus projects, helping us deliver beautiful online experiences for our customers.
About the role
- You’ll be helping on all phases of the design and creative process; from researching, building wireframes, through to designing beautiful, useable and engaging eCommerce websites
- You'll be collaborating with teams and stakeholders to bring your creative visions to life!
We place a strong emphasis on collaboration and camaraderie. If you’re looking to be part of an ambitious team, this could be the role for you!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years of experience with within an agency environment although not essential
- Have high attention to detail with consistent, high quality work
- Thrive on problem solving and learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing and learning.
- Enjoying working collaboratively with fellow team mates and our customers within an agile environment.
- Be self-motivated and can work independently. Working remotely or independently is something that you enjoy and have experience in.
- Be passionate about the eCommerce and web development industry, actively pushing to learn new technologies
- Enjoy working with a development team to produce amazing eCommerce websites!
Comprehensive understanding of the following:
- UX and design software such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch and InVision
- The key principles of the design flow; creating wireframes, user flows and site maps, to building the creative design.
- Research techniques, qualitative and quantitive and using tools such as Hotjar, Usertesting.com, Google Analytics, and Google Data studio
- Mobile-first and responsive design
Will work in candidates favour:
- A personal design portfolio, show-casing your latest work
- Experience working with Shopify or other similar eCommerce platforms
- Custom work stations
Mac? PC? Linux? Other? You tell us! We’ll hook up your rig with whatever equipment you need.
- Keep learning
We want to invest into you! With a range of training options, from our Academy Initiative where you can apply for Certifications, Qualifications and Conferences, to our custom Udemy online learning portal, and Friday afternoon workshops, we're keen for you to keep building your skills through us.
- Make an impact
We want our team to have a voice, and you will help shape the future of blubolt from day one.
We offer 23 vacation days, plus an extra week (or more) of paid shut-down between Christmas and New Year
- Stay healthy
Keep fit by making use of our bicycle scheme, corporate gym membership and Fitbit programme.
- Engage & relax
Every Friday, we take time out to kick back, have a drink, and relax with our company social.
- Staff discounts
We're lucky enough to have wonderful customers who offer us special discounts & offers on their websites!
- Hack days & events
Take part in our "Friday Hackfests" or locally sponsored hack-days to try new things, meet new people, & learn new skills
Head over to blubolt.com/careers for more details!
Follow us behind-the-scenes on Instagram
No recruitment agencies please.