Network Engineer - 6 month fixed term contract
How will you spend your days?
Reporting into the Head of Networks, this technical role will play an integral part in ensuring the stability and efficient operation of our client’s IT environment and requirements. You will have the opportunity to undertake technical work on infrastructure and networks, as well as being involved with the implementation of new projects and technologies.
Working as part of a team, you will be dealing with complex issues and technical service improvements. You will be assisting on new projects involving implementation / software / hardware across the Agilisys States of Guernsey partnership. You will have the opportunity to bring new agile ideas into your customer environments.
Some travel will be required to both client sites and other internal offices, experience developing executive communications both written and verbal are valuable.
In this role you will be part of a team providing enterprise networking and telephony skills supporting a corporate network infrastructure. You will deliver technical support on the local network infrastructure (LAN and WAN) including VoIP and wireless networks, as well as supporting proper implementation and maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures. You will work within the Network Team to support the design, configuration, installation and running of complex corporate LAN/WAN network environments. Further responsibilities and accountabilities are listed below:
- Perform all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Areas of the teams responsibilities include, but are not limited to switches, routers, gateways, VPNs, firewall, Internet connectivity, VoIP, wireless, Contact centres and consoles, Tetra radio services, mobile communications and appropriate management tools.
- Responsible for technical hardware/software /cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and voice communications networks, including facilities planning. Work with the Technical lead, other teams, the service desk and other departments to provide a stable and managed network infrastructure
- Follow national and industry standards during implementations and running of the service.
- Maintain successful relationship with third party service providers and partners. To continually seek ways to improve service provided to the SoG.
- Deal with matters relating to ICT networking and development including TCP/IP network, security, firewall, and network, to take ownership of the Voice and Data Network when making decision impacting loss of service.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and systems monitoring as defined by operating standards. Supporting new initiatives and future changes in service delivery, specifically related to corporate priority projects.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets and systems and, where appropriate, ensure preventative measures are undertaken to help mitigate risks
- Inclusion onto the on-call rota
How will you stand out?
Essential Skills and Experience
- The ability to work as part of a team under instruction but also to be able to operate alone using your own initiative.
- A natural enthusiasm for technology and the ability to learn and apply knowledge and techniques quickly and accurately.
- Working knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies and deployments
- Experience of Cisco hardware is desirable
- Deployment, configuration and management of Cisco switches, Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Cisco Wi-Fi or similar, provisioning APs, surveying new sites, monitoring and improving service.
- Mitel IP Telephony & SIP Trunks is advantageous
- TCP/IP - IP, LAN to LAN VPN and SSL VPN configuration, Cat 6 and Fibre structured cabling, capacity planning. Secure WAN configuration across multiple sites.
- Technical documentation.
- Server skills such as VMware, Exchange and Microsoft Server are advantageous.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and client facing skills at various levels.
- Understands current trends in the market.
- Flexibility. The role may involve spending time working at clients’ sites
- Knowledge of circuit provisioning, testing and troubleshooting
Vocational experience and/or industry qualifications in: -
- CCNA (desired)
- Checkpoint (desired )
- Palo Alto Security (desired )
- ITIL (desired )
- Cisco Wi-Fi or similar (desired)
- Mitel IP Telephony (desired)
- Tetra Radio (advantageous)
What’s in it for you? You will be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, helping transform services that improve the way people and businesses interact. We will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Agilisys offers flexible working and is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. On top of that we offer flexible working and a great corporate benefits scheme:
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Being an Employee Owner as part of the EBT
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Access to exclusive discounts and offers with a variety of retail providers through Agilisys “Perks at Work” scheme
Agilisys operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.