About the Team
We are looking for an experienced digital Project Manager to join our PMO team.
The Project Management Office (PMO) team manages the project programme for a wide range of business projects at Future, including key projects for Tech, IT, Finance and Marketing.
Future is a rapidly growing and dynamic business creating content that connects with a huge global audience. Our business is constantly evolving and innovating and therefore our PMO team are essential to helping drive through critical global projects..
We are a small team based across our offices in the UK, Europe and USA. We are focused on delivery and constantly improving our processes to ensure we can be the best.
We are looking for a Project Manager with proven digital experience to join the team in Bath for a fixed-term contract of 6 months. This is a great opportunity to help us with some business critical programmes.
You will oversee the coordination of a number of projects within our Content Monetisation workstream. This is overseen by the Marketing Function and involves a Natural Working group from Marketing, Technology, BI, and Content. The role includes ensuring projects run to time, within budget and within scope. Developing detailed project plans, you will set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects. It will be your responsibility to prepare reports for senior management regarding the status of the project.
You'll need to be an excellent communicator as you will be working across diverse functions in the global business to ensure all aspects of each project are successfully delivered. On a regular basis you can expect to be working with our development teams in Bath and Paris. We're a small, dynamic, close knit team so we're looking for a strong team player who will embrace working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects within the Content Monetisation workstream
- Ensure that all aspects of this project are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members
- Ensure resource availability and allocation and develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, reporting and escalating to senior management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimise project risk
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Develop timeplans, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Engage key project stakeholders to understand project briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project. Continuously manage the stakeholder relationships throughout the project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Promote the use of standardised project management processes and toolkit throughout the business
- Work in both Agile / SCRUM and Waterfall environments
What do I need to succeed?
- End to end management of complex projects through to release and beyond - with specific experience in the delivery of digital, consumer facing subscription products
- Experience of working in a fast moving, dynamic media organisation is essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a pragmatic way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of front and back-end technologies, confident dealing with Back End Developers on a day-to-day basis.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues