Role description: Senior Value Analyst HE
Company: Adelphi Values Limited, part of Adelphi Group (an Omnicom Healthcare Company)
Job Location: Based in our HQ office in Bollington, Cheshire, UK or remotely in the UK. Must have ability and willingness to travel as required to deliver to clients.
Who we are
Adelphi Values PROVE is a leading healthcare value consultancy that works with a range of healthcare product and service providers, aiding development and commercialisation. We are passionate people working as integrated global teams, growing a respected healthcare value consultancy business that is committed to personal development and rewarding high performance. We are as proud of our culture and our approach to people and their working environment, as we are of our reputation and the things that make us unique.
What we do
Our purpose is to improve patients’ lives by informing healthcare decisions. To do this we help our clients bring healthcare products and services to the market successfully by investigating, developing and communicating scientific evidence that defines value and informs decisions.
Business area: Health Economics and Data Analytics
Purpose of the role:
Providing research, model development, and analysis support in all aspects of project delivery within the Heath Economics and Data Analytics practice. Acting as a mentor to more junior team members, and taking project leadership responsibilities (where assigned).
- Responsible for producing each deliverable to a high quality and ensuring that self-reviews have been conducted on any work being sent to the senior team for review
- Includes responsibility for delivering activities such as: budget impact and health economic models, evidence synthesis (e.g. network meta-analyses), literature reviews, written communication (e.g. reports, manuscripts, abstracts). This includes:
- Structural development of models and/or modification of existing models
- Inclusion of all model parameters, using both published and unpublished sources
- Conduct of all relevant programming activities, including model development, calibration and validation, testing, and QC
- Conduct of all model simulations and analyses, including specification and conduct of one-way, multi-way, and probabilistic sensitivity analyses
Prior to reviews being conducted the analyst will have ensured:
- The deliverable is complete, and all required elements have been included
- Data has been sourced from appropriate places and is recorded in a data extraction document with sufficient information to for the reviewer to assess the appropriateness of the data
- Regular consultationwith the Senior Health Economist has taken place prior to reviews, about the data used and approaches taken
- All values have been double checked against data source
- Tests listed in the VA model checklist should have been done and outcome for each test should be recorded as pass or not pass with simple description of issues
- Spelling and grammar check has been conducted across the full deliverable
- Consistency has been checked across the full deliverable and across relevant deliverables (i.e. report, user guide and the corresponding model)
- Ensure all comments from clients and previous review stages have been addressed and a response has been recorded
- Ensure all versions of the document are saved in the correct folder, using the correct file naming as per SOPs
- Send deliverables to SHE for technical quality review and approval once comments have been addressed
If assigned project leadership responsibilities, on those assigned projects, responsible for:
- The appropriateness of the deliverable for meeting the client’s needs.
- Project management activities specific to the assigned project, such as:
- Ensuring there is an up to date timeline for the project (internal and external) at all times
- Acting as primary point of contact (with appropriate support from senior team members) for the client
- Accurate financial management of projects, including client invoicing, contribution updates and ensuring associated required documentation is completed (e.g. contribution trackers)
- Accurate resource planning for the assigned project
After the final review the following will be checked and confirmed:
- The deliverable is formatted correctly and in line with the Adelphi/client templates
- The results shown in the deliverable are aligned with expectations or, if not, a clear explanation can be provided to the client as to the interpretation of the outcomes
- The messages presented align with the client’s expectations and proper strategic insights/recommendations have been provided for clients
- All client comments have been addressed and an appropriate response is included from “Adelphi Values”
- Business Development
- Contributing to proposal development, where appropriate and where delegated by senior team members
- Team development and training
- Contribute to (and where appropriate, deliver) structured training sessions for junior team members, on assigned topics
- Acting as mentor and providing guidance to more junior team members on projects Innovation and practice area growth
- Involvement in initiatives to drive innovation and completing activities as allocated by senior team members
Competencies associated with this role
- Ability to produce health economic models (such as budget impact models, cost effectiveness models) of high quality, in terms of accuracy, formatting and grammar.
- Deliverables should require little revision to be client-ready.
- Ability to produce written documents of high quality in terms of scientific content, style, and grammar, which are focused to meet the needs of the target audience and our clients; such documents should be concise where appropriate. Deliverablesshould require little revision to be client-ready.
- Ability to create impactful communication tools and materials such as slide decks to communicate the outputs of Health Economics and Data Analytics deliverables. Deliverables should require little revision to be client-ready.
- Capability in building structured search strategies and understanding of how to explore the results of such searches, specifically to identify and assess input data for health economic and data analytics projects.
If you are interested please apply!
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you!