Jaded London is a multi-channel, high fashion apparel brand/retailer based in North London UK. Jaded London designs and develops its products in the UK, manufactures in the near & far east and then ships directly to its customers from Jadedldn.com ecommerce store and via wholesale to leading fashion platforms (ASOS etc).
In early 2020 the business faced serious headwinds; a global pandemic meant a number of their wholesale/retail customers had to close their stores alongside material uncertainty from large / unstable customers. This left Jaded London no alternative to pivot their attention to jandedldn.com and drive their target audience to there.
This move resulted in significant growth in revenue and profits as Jaded London were able to enjoy the benefits from a 1st party DTC strategy.
Since then Jaded London has grown annual revenue to £20m and has ambitious objectives to continue this growth to £100m over the next 3-5 years. The management team believe this objective is achievable through greater focus on its 1st party DTC sales, pro-active international roll-out alongside enhanced paid media and CRM activity to further amplify the great product / brand assets Jaded London has already created.
In May 2021 Jaded London engaged The Growth Foundation, a proven ecommerce growth consultancy (Gymshark, Ruroc, The Hut Group, Schuh) to help Jaded London scale up, and after their initial review a number of next, key hires have been identified, this, being one of them.
Reporting to the Commercial Marketing Director, you’ll manage all customer retention activity, post sales within a target Life Time Value framework you’ll develop with the business on an on-going basis. As a minimum, this will be the customer facing CRM programme (email, SMS and/or other channels), customer segmentation, customer insight which allows you and your team to send frequent, relevant and ever more personalised ‘calls to action’ alongside any loyalty/frequency and community programmes which, all operate within an acceptable CPA.
You’ll work closely with Jaded Londons Brand and Media / Acquisition team to build evermore effective look-a-like audiences using our segmentation to find the highest quality and quantity of traffic to visit Jaded London’s websites at the lowest possible cost. Finally and of great importance, you will manage the customer support/experience team; where you’ll help reduce the number of contacts per order and increase customer satisfaction when/if customers have issues with their orders / accounts. Today, we’ve generated an organisation structure that we believe will unlock success, however we’re flexible and want to ensure we use your experience to put the right people in the right place within the marketing team. Here’s our current plan:
- Own all Customer Retention tactics and deliver best practice in eCRM, Segmentation, Customer Insight, Loyalty / VIP, community programmes and other emerging channels that unlock 100% growth in 2020;
- Own the Customer Support Team, where you’ll improve the key metrics (contacts & satisfaction) while using insight made here to help generate greater acquisition and retention from Jaded London’s customers.
- Propose, Agree and Review internal team vs external agency strategy on an on-going / periodic basis;
- Build a multi-dimensional segmentation framework over our leads and customers to establish recency, frequency, value of each segment and insight from those segments which feeds your activity and that of the wider business
- Set, monitor CPA and LTV by customer segment to deliver ‘profitable’ retention activity for Jaded London and establish KPIs for yourself/your team to work against;
- Work closely with Trading team and the broader Product team to agree call to action / tactics and trading plan that optimises your retention activity;
- Work closely with the Media (Acquisition) team to align on activity; greater results in retention unlock greater acquisition budgets for the business, which means larger databases for you to target and manage;
- Work closely with Commercial / Finance Analyst/s to unlock, Customer Insight (through deep segmentation), Marketing Insight, Business Insight which leads to optimisation of your activity;
- Monitor retention / loyalty / VIP / community activity of other organisations to spot trends and innovation which may affect Jaded London’s trading activity;
- Hire, lead and coach a leading-edge team to help execute against goals;
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practice, with CRM focus;
- Keep up to date with eCommerce & Retention best practice of tomorrow through training, research etc;
- Positively impact and influence internal stakeholders and external partners;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading, Operations, Tech, Insight and Finance teams;
- Uphold Jaded London’s brand vision and standards as well as Jaded London’s company Objectives, Strategy & Tactics;
- Think like a customer, all the time, every day.
- 3+ Years of managing ‘call to action’ retail/ecom marketing activity within CRM, retention or Marketing
- Strong entrepreneurial bias that has track record building, managing and motivating yourself and digitally disruptive agile teams (internal and external) who deliver exceptional results
- Experience with numerous ESP (Klaviyo), Segmentation platforms as well as Shopify and Social Media Ad Platforms
- HTML / email Coding experience
- Experience in homewares or fashion/luxury products
- Purchased Jaded London or similar products, you’re a customer / love interior design & fashion for your home.
- Global experience (USA, Europe)
- Multi-Language skills
- Have a good understanding of retail, ecommerce and marketing businesses
- You’re a ‘natural retailer’; obsessed with delivering your promise to customers
- CPA / LTV methodology at the heart of everything you do
- Have a proven track record as a commercial individual, who understands brand and customer (shopper)
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence in balanced / equal measure
- Understand how to maximise output in Retention activity where a mix of skill / talent types is required (data analysis vs creative in email are quite different approaches)
- Are a ‘subjective’ thinker in terms of ideas, following your instinct, but you’ll be used to using internal/external data to underpin your ideas with confidence
- You are independent and self-directed but able to work and lead a team of creative and customer facing individuals
- Have superior analytical skills to track and manage performance
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas
- A quick learner who can process lots of information and prioritise action
- Effectively navigate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Are an outcomes focused manager, with strong team orientation
- Are bullish about Jaded London and its potential