2 year Fixed Term - Full Time – £30,000 to £32,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications
Operating in South Wales in an agile working environment from either our offices in Caerphilly, home or out in the community, we are looking for a qualified Building Surveyor to join Celtic Horizons who has a good eye for detail whilst carrying out surveys across our client’s properties, United Welsh, to the highest of standards in accordance with all current regulations and legislation.
At Celtic Horizons we are passionate about providing exceptional services through our culture of delivering excellence in everything we do.
Celtic Horizons was the first wholly owned subsidiary of its kind formed by United Welsh Housing Association, who entered a 15 year partnership with Mears Group. Celtic Horizons maintain over 6000 properties spanning over 11 local authority areas in South Wales.
Celtic Horizons delivers the complete range of asset management services for United Welsh; including planned / capital works, refurbishment projects, optimsed retrofit/ decarbonisation works, gas servicing, grounds maintenance, cleaning, repairs and FM maintenance.
We will invest in your training and development and enable you to reach your personal goals. We have a proven track record of support and investment in all of our staff. We encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally, ideas are actively sought and self-development promoted.
What Celtic Horizons Offer.
• Full Time permanent position.
• Agile working environment.
• Competitive basic salary - £30,000 to £32,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
• Company vehicle and fuel card.
• 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme.
• Be part of a friendly and dedicated team.
• Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
Plus much more!
What you need to have.
You need to: -
• Be an experienced building surveyor.
• Be qualified in building surveying to a minimum HNC/D level.
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of carrying out stock condition surveys on domestic dwellings.
• Have experience of working in the social housing sector.
• Have or be prepared to work towards obtaining qualifications in domestic energy assessment.
• Have or be prepared to work towards obtaining qualifications in PAS 2035 retrofit assessment.
• Be proficient in the use of relevant IT and equipment (Databases, Spreadsheets, Word Processing, use of tablets and other mobile devices).
• Have experience of collecting and manipulating data relating to the condition and life expectancy of key domestic building components.
• Have ability to correctly diagnose building defects.
• Have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Have the ability to deal with our clients tenants in a confident, considerate and professional manner.
• Be willing to keep up to date with new regulations and legislation and to take new qualifications as and when deemed necessary for their assigned role.
• Have good record keeping and time management skills.
• Have a full, valid, current driving licence.
What you’ll be doing: -
• Assisting the Commercial/ Planned Manager and the Project Manager to deliver all aspects of the asset management contract or other contracts.
• Assisting the Project Manager in the collection and validation of stock condition data and energy data, verification of work programs and obtaining material samples to determine presence of asbestos.
• Collection of energy data, undertaking domestic energy assessments (EPC’s), undertaking PAS 2035 assessments and delivery of stock condition surveys, to the appropriate standard and issue all reports within necessary timelines. To carry out quality assurance on the performance of planned and project works undertaken.
In order to be successful, you will have excellent, communication skills, numeracy skills and experience of working in a similar position previously. A large proportion of your time will be spend driving to various sites and meeting with our client, you will need to be happy travelling long distances and have a proactive, hands on approach when dealing with tenants, operatives, subcontractors, and our client.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you!
Further information can be found in the Job Specification and by contacting Tom Noble – firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.