We are looking to recruit a Class 1 Day and Night drivers to support our team at Halfords, Greenford.
Working across any 5 from 7 shifts, with flexibility on start times dependent on our route scheduling. Our Day Drivers will start their shifts anywhere between 02:00 and 14:00, with our Night Drivers starting anywhere between 14:00 and 02:00. Shift premiums are payable for hours worked between 24:00 and 06:00, with Saturday and rest day supplements also available.
- To ensure the safe and efficient handling of the vehicle in all respects, including the optimisation of fuel usage, cleanliness of cab etc.
- To conduct pre shift checks on vehicle and report any maintenance issues/concerns in a timely manner and in line with company/site defect policy and procedure.
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc whilst on shift/on a delivery.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift in order to provide information about specific deliveries and the shift in general.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures.
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures.
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out role in a safe, correct and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that any concerns regarding Health and Safety is immediately reported to a member of the Management Team.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and presentation while undertaking role.
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department