Reporting to, and working with, the Head of Customer Operations, the Ops team sits at the core of gohenry, working with departments across the business to help solve issues and create effective, scalable solutions.
Operations has been central to many major milestones in the gohenry history, the launching of our US service as a great example, as well as ensuring we are getting the best from our partners while maintaining close contact with our US -based teams.
While we remain in a period of sustained growth in the UK, 2021 is our time to fully focus on scaling our US operation, launched in February 2018 and already serving our many US members. To support our growth in this market, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager, preferably with some experience in both US card payments and the prepaid market.
This is a key role within gohenry, giving you exposure across all teams and all verticals, where you will deep dive into the fundamentals of each of the company pillars (earning, spending, saving & giving) with their relevant product team, you will be an evangelist for our US customers and their needs. Working closely with the wider teams you will be able to gain a breadth and depth of experience you will be hard pressed to find elsewhere. We like to keep it interesting!
This is a full time role working: Monday to Friday 10am-6pm with some flexibility required as the US operation is 2pm-10pm.
What you’ll do
- Business as usual support for new features, for example Apple Pay in the US, ACH, 3DS as it is adopted in the US market. Ensuring that, once these features are released, the wider teams are ready for the launch, fully trained by the coaching team and with processes and procedures in place
- Project management – gohenry has big plans! Are you ready?
- Working with the incumbent Ops Managers / Ops Product Team using rigorous data analysis and reporting to ensure new features are performing to meet set KPI’s.
- Working with the Tech Ops Team to ensure all relevant stakeholders are aware of all technological requirements in card payments and that, with an already busy roadmap, we are ready for those changes.
- Working with the incumbent Ops Managers to understand and support the systems used across the Operations Teams, Member Services, Risk & Administration.
- Managing supplier relationships, to include quarterly & annual reviews, for the Operations & Member Services systems –
- Previous experience with Sales Force/ Service Cloud/Social Studio, New Voice Media, In-Gage, Live Chat would be a strong advantage.
- Disaster Recovery simulations for the US teams – the goal – no single point of failure across the team and a core able to handle various DR scenarios.
- Strong reporting skills necessary to ensure the Ops Team have relevant, timely data. We use a SQL database – the ability to query this will be a requirement.
- Budgetary responsibility – working with the incumbent Operations Managers to ensure departmental costs meet the requirements of the Member Services P&L.
- Evolving a strong technical/procedural understanding to ensure there is the ability to offer support on technical/procedural escalations from the Member Service, Risk & Admin Teams
What we are looking for
- You are a leader, decisive and able to share your passion for the job in hand
- A quick learner, able to take on a keen understanding of the gohenry systems, front end, back end as well as the payment flows from both the acquiring and issuing perspective
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of payment, banking or other fintech systems
- You have an expert understanding of card payment systems and US card payment types. Working with the rest of the Ops Team, you will ensure an awareness any new products / services due to be released by the Schemes and an understanding of how they work
- Organised & calm in a crisis – not put off by a fast paced, fast changing environment
- An effective communicator, a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem Solver – able to assess situations to identify causes, looking outside of the box to gather & process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- You know enough SQL to get the answers you need without relying on others and are able to prepare reports, manipulate large amounts of data and produce good looking documents, in line with the tasks allocated to you
What we are offering
- Competitive salary, working full-time hours
- goFlex - flexible working that lets you choose how (& where) you work best (Office, Home or a mix)
- Free tea, coffee and loads of fruit
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Westfield Cash Health Plan
- Westfield Surgery Plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Perks
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
- Cycle to Work scheme via salary sacrifice
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry’s prepaid debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We’re one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- We were voted 'Best Children's Financial Provider' at the British Bank Awards 2021.
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
Want to join our mission?
If gohenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the link below.