An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join a rapidly growing Joinery Manufacturing SME, based in Reading. Your role as a Project Manager is to improve efficiency of installation process from start to finish, and Work to make the PM team and system 'market leading’. You will form the vital connection between clients and the internal team of designers and joiners. There will be travel to various sites and so a driving licence is essential
Key duties and responsibilities...
- Oversee the whole project from initial order through to completion, steering it through the 4 key project gates; technical design, procurement, manufacture and installation.
- Working to budgets to improve project profitability.
- Keeping all aspects of the project on track to hit agreed deadlines, complete with signature quality installation
- Building and maintaining rapport with the client team.
- Maintaining quality of reporting and communication with clients and internal teams.
- Site Presence - PMs are expected to maintain adequate site presence to support fitting teams and ensure a smooth site installation.
- Travelling to sites to measure progress and quality and conduct site surveys
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are run to schedule, using the internal workflow system.
- On time approval of designs.
- On time installation of projects on site.
- Financial performance against budget.
- Client satisfaction to drive repeat business and strengthening of the brand in the market.
- Joinery Background would be ideal
- Project Management qualifications such as Agile, Prince2 or PMP would be bonus but not essential.
- Ability to work competently with Microsoft office programs and our internal task management system for logging and monitoring projects as they progress.
- Sound understanding of design, manufacture and installation methods including potential challenges with practically of any proposal.
- Ability to work under pressure where client demands require quick responses in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- A natural Problem solver
- Ability to communicate effectively with different types of people, whether it be clients / designers / fitters / joiners / architects etc.
- Do what it takes to get the job done, not having a pass the buck mentality
- Effective planner, monitor & reviewer at every stage of the project
£45,000- £70,000 Dependant on experience
Hours: 07:30 - 16:30 (Mon-Fri)