A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join Caxton FX and support the growth of its corporate business. You will be responsible for developing new business opportunities from both existing and potential clients across all core products – Expense Management, Payments & Risk Management.
Reporting to the Head of New Business, you will work closely with the Head of Corporate Marketing, the Head of Risk Management and our Senior Market Analyst providing a constant stream of revenue across a range of industries and sectors.
The mandate for this role is to acquire and develop new business and new opportunities from both new and existing client relationships to increase wallet share across the spectrum of international and domestic payments, expense management and other relevant business services. The role requires an individual with both strong sales and relationship management skills, a desire to work hard, and a passion for developing business.
- To generate a constant stream of new revenue to the business.
- To introduce and educate relevant Caxton products to businesses in order to solve problems and increase efficiency.
- To be curious about new and potential clients businesses and work to explore and uncover key problems and challenges, whilst educating them on how Caxton’s products and solutions can help solve them.
- To have a passion for networking and generating referrals from existing relationships.
- Increase knowledge of client’s senior team and create new points of contact.
- To work closely with product experts and colleagues to present new ideas and developments to your clients.
- To have full confidence in building a long-term trusted relationship with clients.
- You have an insatiable curiosity about developing business and finding new opportunities.
- You have a very positive attitude which embraces change and challenges.
- You are agile, organised, efficient and like having several opportunities on the go at the same time.
- You enjoy making phone calls, booking appointments, pitching, presenting and closing a wide-range of opportunities across multiple products.
- You’re comfortable and confident in providing solutions to senior executives and board directors.
- You enjoy understanding pains that businesses have and have full confidence in providing a solution across a range of products.
- You are ambitious and are willing to try new challenges and are keen to develop your skill base.
- You have strong attention to detail and take pride in the quality of work that you produce.
- You’re able to work calmly under pressure and respond quickly to a volatile market.
- You have the ability to work well with the team and individually when required.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- You are able to manage emotions under stress.
- You can evidence all of the above through life and work experience to date
Working at Caxton
Caxton was established 18 years ago to deliver foreign exchange and payment services to both private and business clients. Since the beginning, we've built our offering on two key differentiators: exceptional value for money and the highest standards of customer service. In 2007, we launched our first prepaid currency card free of fees and charge and have become one of the most trusted and respected travel card providers in the UK with over 450,000 account holders.
Our brand ethos underpins ‘customer value’. Our value is not related to price, but to the level of satisfaction our customers receive from interactions with our technology and people. Our ethos guides consistent behaviour and experience, to build a stronger relationship, with greater perceived value:
- We are professional and reliable
- We offer helpful, intelligent experiences
- Honesty and trust is at the heart of what we do
Internally we have built our culture around this ethos on our brand values. We ask each and every colleague to aspire to follow this ethos at all times.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Quarterly bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- BUPA Health Insurance OR a Cash Plan
- Cycle-to-Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Season travel ticket loan
- Preferential FX rates for friends and family
- + more via ‘Perks at Work"
Office Culture & Environment
- Open plan office based in the City of London. Professional and informal culture. Flat hierarchy means direct and regular communication with Directors and the CEO is encouraged
- Hybrid working between Home and Office available
- A friendly environment with regular social events.