McCann Health is one of the largest and most awarded health networks in Europe. Through combining the power of Science, Creativity and Strategy together we strive to integrate advertising, design, relationship and digital marketing, shopper experience and production to deliver best-in-class strategic and creative services to some of the world’s top as well as emerging health and wellness brands. At McCann Health we are proud to be #1 awarded network for creative globally, including the prestigious Health Network of the Year at Cannes Lions for two years running.
The Medical Writer will be responsible for scientific writing for your allocated brands. This will include researching and developing technical material, and ensuring that all output adheres to the written brief, is accurate in content and editorial style and is referenced.
You’ll be a success if you:
- Work across allocated accounts to write a range of content deliverables, ensuring all communication pieces are appropriate for the target audience, of high quality, scientifically accurate and aligned to the relevant brand.
- Using your scientific expertise and industry knowledge to work on a variety of therapy areas.
- Collaborate with your team to ensure scientific support and rigour across all assigned accounts
- Ensure all written materials abide by the ABPI Code of Practice and any other regulatory requirements, and are backed up by the necessary research
- Oversee, develop and maintain reference packs and proof reading documents produced by other members of the team, providing constructive input and applying creative thinking where appropriate
- Proactively share insights in terms of scientific thinking applied to allocated accounts, both verbally and in writing, supporting all stages of projects
- Drive strong client relationships and lead proactively from a scientific expertise perspective
What you’ll bring:
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level in life sciences, medicine, pharmacy or a related discipline
- Experience or equivalent in a similar role in Clinical Research, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare Advertising or Medical Communications agency environment or similar
- Demonstrated ability to absorb and analyse complex scientific and clinical information to provide a clear, succinct summary targeted at relevant audience
- Demonstrated ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects
- Ability to work across multiple therapeutic areas/brands, with the versatility to switch to new/unfamiliar therapeutic areas quickly, as business needs arise
- Proven ability to work under pressure as business needs arise (e.g. multiple key deadlines, pitch work)
- Excellently organised and able to plan work effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages
You’ll be rewarded with:
- 25days annual leave plus Christmas Close down
- Summer Fridays – we finish at 3pm on Fridays during the summer
- Competitive Salary
- Great training and development
- Life Assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Private Healthcare
- Headspace and mental health wellness programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long Service Award
- Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible working
If you feel the above speaks to your career ambitions, then get in touch.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to achieving our mission – to help our client’s brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We view diversity as a business imperative that, when incorporated into all agency practices, becomes a competitive advantage, driving growth and organizational sustainability. As we position ourselves for a future of increased competition and disruption, we’re accelerating beyond merely acknowledging differences. Our philosophy is that consistent practices and deliberate actions that foster an inclusive culture, unleash the creative power of our talent and our work. We call this Conscious Inclusion.