CO ANTRIM, UNITED KINGDOM
Job details sector
Sales and Distribution
We’re recruiting for a Lead Trading Underwriter to join our new Northern Ireland Property & Casualty Broker team.
Having recently launched a new bespoke range of commercial products in Northern Ireland, we’re looking for an experienced Insurance Professional, strong knowledge of Commercial P&C, suitably qualified who will act as trading lead for Commercial Property and Casualty.
At AXA, diversity and inclusion means empowering people to be 100% themselves at work. We are moving towards a smart working model and offer flexibility with a mix of office and home working.
Key responsibilities include
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators of AXA commercial property and liability commercial business for the broker channel
- Work to support delivery of planned underwriting result through underwriting account management (revenue & product), financial planning and analysis of underwriting trends
- Assist and lead profitability, underwriting governance and control of all property and casualty Commercial business traded through the broker community
- Identify, assess, and convert mid to large scale rollover deals (book transfer business) to meet agreed volume and revenue using agreed acceptance criteria
- Provide lead guidance and referral support to trading teams of these classes for new business and support a robust QA management process
- Identifying new product and/or process opportunities to improve products and strengthen Underwriting rules to reduce claims and/or improve overall customer experience
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in AXA or another general insurer to include experience in a risk acceptance and rating environment
Insurance qualifications i.e CIP or equivalent CII/ACII, essential
A thorough and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and other market factors
Proven track record of delivery particularly in Risk Acceptance and ability to work independently in previous positions held
Deep understanding of underwriting, rating and acceptance criteria for commercial property and casualty business and general SME lines
Capable of making and effectively communicating quality risk assessment decisions
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, at AXA Ireland our values are at the heart of everything we do. We work together as One AXA, embracing our differences to make our teams great. We believe integrity, courage and our customer-first approach is what makes us a great place to work. AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
We know an engaged workforce is a successful workforce. That’s why we offer excellent benefits such as performance bonus, health contribution, employee discounts to attract and retain the best people, making AXA a great place to work. Visit our careers page to find out more.