We are looking for a Senior Underwriter to join our Professional Liability - Healthcare team, specialising in US hospital risks. We require an experienced London Market underwriter in the Healthcare class with a focus on US domiciled Large Hospital risks. Role will be support the Line of Business Head – Healthcare in the marketing, underwriting and servicing of business generated via London market and international distribution partners.
• Assessment of suitability of risks (renewals and new business), pricing exposures in accordance with approved rating model, discretionary pricing mechanisms, and general business unit guidelines.
• Identify the need for and evaluate additional risk assessment information including Underwriter Representatives’ reports, actuarial and financial reports and statements; and any / all other publicly available information.
• Source input from, and work in conjunction with stakeholders in other departments including claims, actuarial, and operations.
• Maintain ongoing liaison with producers to obtain supplemental underwriting information, evaluate risks, decline risks, analyse and interpret coverage, explain underwriting requirements and expectations, and present terms.
• Oversee risks through the life-cycle of a policy: pre-renewal, renewal, ongoing management. Provide best in class service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Perform marketing activities including maintenance of key producer and client relationships. Regularly meet with clients formally and informally. Keep up to date pertinent market developments.
• Implement ceded reinsurance actions in accordance with Arch Insurance and business unit guidelines.
• Support LOB Head in development and implementation of business planning, data analysis, management and Lloyd’s reporting.
• Support LOB Head in development and mentoring of junior members of the underwriting team
• Technical and analytical skills
• Client & broker relationship management
• Regulatory & compliance awareness
• Problem solving, negotiation & decision making
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills demonstrating an ability to teach, influence and motivate others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive experience in an underwriting position in the London / Lloyd’s Market.
• Demonstrated competence in maintaining broker/client relationships.
• Experience or demonstrated the aptitude to operate in a leadership / mentoring position within team structure.
• Knowledge and understanding of rating, coverage and regulations that cover the class of business.
• University degree and professional certification desired with suitable underwriting experience
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: