Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Always wanted to be part of a global smart legal team continuously on the edge of enabling technological innovation?
We are looking for a committed, creative, entrepreneurial Legal Counsel to join us as a trusted legal advisor supporting Cisco's Enterprise and public sector business mainly in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Your Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements (e.g. sales agreements, pricing letters, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, data protection agreements and services agreements) in line with Cisco’s business strategy, policies and practices;
- Structuring sales transactions/agreements following legal risk assessment;
- Leading, coordinating and finalizing sales contract negotiations;
- Responding to complex RFP/RFI/RFQs;
- Consistently applying Cisco legal and business policies and practices to maintain the highest standards of corporate governance;
- Identifying and managing the flow of key information both up the management chain as well as across business clients;
- Leading our efforts towards optimized processes;
- Engaging in cross-functional projects as a legal subject-matter expert; and
- Developing and delivering presentations/legal trainings.
Your Minimum Qualifications:
· at least 5 years of broad commercial and corporate law experience;
· at least two years’ experience at a multinational legal department;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
Your Professional Experience:
- Supporting a multi-jurisdictional region;
- Detailed understanding of and experience with technology contract issues including intellectual property, software licensing agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, data protection and security, export-import regulations and complex negotiations;
- Experience in contracting with public/state-run entities in one or more jurisdictions;
- Experience handling competition and antitrust legal issues;
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with technology product sales go-to-market models, distribution agreements, resale agreements, and services sales.
Your General Skills:
- Excellent drafting skills – including an eye for detail and a creative outlook;
- Commitment to managing and finalizing dynamic and complex sales agreements against demanding deadlines and processes;
- Being an enabler with a “can-do”, pro-active, and flexible attitude guided by sound commercial judgment;
- Being able and willing to develop, own, and execute department specific and cross-functional initiatives;
- Being a communicative leader focused on building and fostering overall strong business relationships;
- Ability to concisely and persuasively express and convey ideas both in writing and orally;
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition policies and requirements;
- Well-developed organizational skills for smooth simultaneous management of multiple projects;
- Ability to operate efficiently in a highly automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems; and
- Having an open, ethical mind and a sense of humour.
The Team you will join:
The EMEAR Legal team is a dynamic, international, smart and friendly team that combines a collaborative environment with the diverse projects and innovative technology of a global corporation. Cisco legal managers are open-minded and experienced – they support independent, flexible work practices. The EMEAR Legal team promotes cultural differences and personal development based on trust and high ethical standards.
The Cisco EMEAR Legal team highly emphasizes teamwork and supports cross-functional activities and interests allowing for both professional and personal growth. Cisco also gives its employees the unique opportunity to participate in Giving Back projects.
The business clients trust the EMEAR Legal team to act as agents for positive change and to conduct business with transparency and integrity.
The Company we are:
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our true edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.