Senior Credit Risk Strategy Manager
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
As a Credit Risk Strategy Sr. Manager, you are a leader who can facilitate cross-functional work to deliver financial performance and efficiencies across the global team. You will also develop highly scalable policies and processes that drive continuous improvement across the Credit Risk Lifecycle.
Equinix is a fast-growing company that continues to look at acquisitions, as such the role will support both organic and inorganic growth.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders regionally and globally to develop strong partnerships and support the wider business goals. Representing Credit Risk in company-wide initiatives led by other department or those initiatives owned by GBCC (Global Billing, Credit & Collections). You will also support the business to extend new services to our customers while ensuring the appropriate controls/processes are built to minimize Credit exposure and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- You have a deep understanding of B2B credit risk management in multiple areas: credit worthiness assessment, in-life credit risk management, collections strategy, bad debt reserves, loss mitigation and recovery
- Vision through strategic planning and execution. Facilitation skills and a proven track record of change implementation across multiple teams
- Problems solving skills - the ability to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external data/technologies, and advanced concepts to tackle complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives across multiple functions
- Consistent record of collaborating across complex organizations to become an advisor, providing thought leadership to help teams balance near term and long-range plans to achieve corporate objectives.
- Act as as the key subject matter expert for the Global Credit Risk Strategy
- You must collaborate with stakeholders across the business to deliver financial KPIs
- Create a credit risk framework to review and manage credit risk exposure facing Equinix
- Identify prevention and/or corrective action strategies and implementation plans across the customer lifecycle
- Lead the team in assessing new business customers when they are contracted/onboarded
- Develop in life credit risk strategies that align with our corporate goals
- Assess liability and probability of legal action when necessary
- Conduct due diligence, gap analysis or other proactive activities leading up new business integration
- Increase focus on loss prevention by data analysis, business assessment and providing information to leadership for decision making processes and mitigating loss
- Work closely with the leadership of the regional shared services centres around the globe
- Worked in Finance with Recurring Billing in the tech industry
- 10+ years Credit Risk experience in a shared service organization
- Worked with global or multi-national companies
- Excellent communication skills including research, writing, and presentation skills
- Works with cross functional regional teams to improve the Credit Risk sub process in the end to end order to cash process
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Good presentation skills
- Strong belief in and a sense for fostering organizational Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Strong leadership skills and places importance on leading by example
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do