Fancy working for an award winning business? Do you want to help run a kitchen that creates innovative and delicious food you can be proud of?
Well, here at Butcombe, we pride ourselves in giving our chefs the freedom to create awesome, seasonal dishes whilst providing an industry leading and award winning environment to ‘get your cook on’!
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join the family.
Located in the heart of Lower Langford, on the edge of the Mendip Hills AONB, the Langford is a historic village pub dating back to the 17th century. Newly refurbished inside and out, the Langford boasts beautiful new interiors and 7 boutique bedrooms.
In the kitchen our passion is local produce and field-to-fork sustainability, with menus that reflect this. Expect exciting seasonal dishes alongside hearty pub classics, created from the best ingredients our Somerset larder has to offer. This local approach also extends to our beer, with our very own award-winning Butcombe Brewery just down the road!
We offer a cosy pitstop for walkers, cyclists, locals (and your dogs!), and easily positioned for visiting Bristol, the airport and beyond. Our bedrooms are comfy, stylish and full of personal touches; perfect for rural relaxation, an indulgent weekend away, or passing through on business.
Looking for a private space to celebrate, meet or host an event? Our gorgeous first floor dining space is available for private hire.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work for an award winning business. We have won The Best Food Offering at the National Publican Awards twice (yes, twice!) and have recently been voted The Best Managed Pub Company for 2021!
- The opportunity to work for a diverse company and get experience in a range of kitchens and menus.
- Access to industry leading training and development.
- A competitive salary.
- A sensible working week. OK, everyone says this but we genuinely mean it! We will always try and make sure you do sensible hours and can be your best.
- A business who cares about you. We offer an Employee Assistance Program that is there 24/7 to provide you with support.
- Staff parties, events, training courses and much more!
You will be:
- Well, obviously, a top notch chef. Someone who can cook, taste and make our food the talk of the town!
- A leader. We are a hands on bunch and want our Sous Chefs to lead from the front, get stuck in and be as confident creating great dishes as they are mopping the floor. You will be running shifts and will need to run the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence.
- Passionate. Everything we do is from the heart and we genuinely get a buzz from seeing our customers enjoy themselves. You will champion this in the kitchen and make sure everything we serve is made with love!
- Yourself. We are an eclectic bunch and want individuals not robots.
- A champion of safety (OK, this does sound a bit cheesy!). Seriously though, we need someone fully up to speed with kitchen health and safety, legislation and standards.
- Someone who raises the spirits – of your brigade. Whether delivering great training or just making someone smile, you will be setting the bar high.