Job title Credit Team Leader - Eastpak(Job Number: R-20210720-0010)
DepartmentProduct & Supply Chain
1. Live the brand Eastpak® is a leading lifestyle brand for people who live, work and play in the city. Since 1952 Eastpak ensures commitment to quality on a range of stylish and functional backpacks, travel gear, and accessories, giving people the freedom to experience their world like never before. Eastpak forms part of the VF portfolio of international brands since 2000 2. Your ROLE with us
We are looking for an outstanding Credit Team Leader to lead our Eastpak, Kipling and Altra Credit Team to success. You may ask "Just who is VF?". Well, we are the global company behind some of the world's leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling. As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family. We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That's because we offer the support of a global organization and provide the freedom for innovative solutions to drive change and ensure progress never stops. We foster a diverse and inclusive environment which allows us to thrive in the current market and to push all creative boundaries. Let's talk about the role! As a Credit Team Leader for Eastpak, Kipling & Altra your input will be key in assessing and controlling the level of credit risk for your brands as well as working alongside our main Key Stakeholders to achieve common goals. You will provide focus, motivation and development to your team, whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
• Setting monthly 91+ and 181+ targets for the team, monitoring performance during the month and assist where necessary.
• Reviewing action plan for the 91+ and 181+ ensuring that all actions are fluid and are taken within a specific time line.
• Driving the focus on cash collection, steering the focus of the team on debt collection out of the younger age brackets.
• Representing Credit in brand's weekly forecast calls by highlighting any concerns that could impact monthly results.
• Coaching and training members of your team, carry out regular one to ones and provide feedback to the Senior Credit Controller and Credit Controllers in order to improve skill set.
• Preparing for reviews with the Credit Manager to discuss team, AR and collection performance. Timely escalation where necessary.
• Monitoring the level of disputes within your remit, liaising with Customer Services to resolve issues and escalate where necessary.
• Building strong and collaborative work relationships with the key stakeholders within the brands.
How you'll make a difference…
• You will have a minimum of 1 year of Credit experience.
• You have taken a leading role in projects and/or in a team previously.
• You are able to interpret financial statements and understand the broader business goals.
What's in it for you? We offer a competitive salary, benefits & pension scheme as well as a 50% staff discount on all our brands. However, it's not just our products that set us apart from others. Ultimately, our people make us who we are and for that reason, we believe they deserved to be nurtured. That's why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer so much more: Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together and are free to express their true selves. Fantastic health and wellbeing initiatives; we are also a "Time to Change" employer, committing to ending mental health discrimination in the workplace. At VF, we don't just make the world's best apparel and footwear, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. So, if you like what you have read and would like to be considered for this Credit Team Leader role, we would love to hear from you. Eastpak,Kipling&Altraare a subsidiaries of VF, the world's largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.