We are looking for a Deputy Claims Operations Manager to join the team here at Arch in London. This role is to provide technical expertise in claims operations, particularly relating to London Market bureau claims processing. This will involve:
• Playing a business partner role with our finance team and ceded reinsurance team
• Taking responsibility for our relationship with Lloyd’s Europe including the Part VII process.
• Supervising a small team and will be responsible for an offshore processing team.
• Reporting to the Vice President, Claims Operations Manager.
• Supporting the Claims Operations Manager with project work.
• Working with our finance team on a regular basis to ensure that cross-department goals are met in respect to allocated cash and audit.
• Working with our ceded reinsurance team to ensure that cross-department goals to maximise recoveries from the ceded reinsurance programme are met.
• Work with our reporting teams, offshore processing team and finance to ensure that Lloyd’s Europe Part VII reporting is timely and accurate.
• Using reporting systems to monitor and assess our performance against Lloyd’s standards.
• Contribute to change projects related to London Market reform.
• Understand and troubleshoot bureau message issues for Lloyd’s SCMs and USMs.
• Support the claims teams in understanding and troubleshooting bordereaux processing issues.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and internal Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements relating to claims handling.
• Draft update reports for the Risk Committee and Board.
• Contribute to technology projects.
• Continue to arrange for onshore work to be documented and moved offshore.
• Monitor performance and supervise staff.
• Detail orientated.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
• Ability to network within and outside of Arch.
• Working as part of a focussed and wider teams across the function.
• Current knowledge of Lloyd’s Europe requirements including Part VII.
• Supervisory and performance management skills
• Experience with a Lloyd’s managing agency is a definite benefit.
• Good understanding of the London Market bureau claims process.
• Experience of a wide range of processes including bureau SCM and USM processing, catastrophe reporting, delegated authority due diligence and claims bordereaux processing.
• Understanding of the Lloyd’s Part VII process.
• Insurance industry specific qualifications desirable.
• Good passes at maths and English.
• Degree desirable but not essential.
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: