Location: Home/ Remote based
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hour per week (Monday – Friday)
- Flexible Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Additional Birthday day off
- A Range of Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Life Assurance
- Colleague Discount & Cashback Scheme
Summary and Main Purpose:
As an occupational expert from within the Automotive sector with the role is to deliver group virtual classroom technical knowledge sessions to Heavy Vehicle Technician apprentices (level 3).
Striving to deliver excellent customer service, the Technical Coach delivers a crucial component of the apprentices’ journey through the apprenticeship programme, by delivering learning to develop knowledge ahead of the apprentices’ block release where they will develop their skills and apply their learning in practice. Working in collaboration with the Technical Tutor, the role will manage a cohort of learners and mentors throughout the programme providing them with the guidance, knowledge and support to ensure they have a clear understanding of progression to date, future targets towards the apprenticeship standard including the skills required, the delivery methodology, end point assessment.
- Plan and facilitate well-structured, high quality learning experiences that are well matched to learner need, promote rapid learning and result in new knowledge and skills being applied in the workplace.
- Motivate and inspire learners establishing positive and respectful working relationships, using interactive and engaging approaches to teaching, promoting timely achievement and enabling positive progression.
- Work in collaboration with the curriculum design team to support ongoing development of session plan, resources etc to promote positive outcomes and timely achievement for learners.
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment, providing constructive verbal and written feedback that ensures learners know how to improve, thereby supporting rapid progression and achievement.
- Maintain effective links with employers, engaging and coaching work supervisors to provide good levels of support and guidance and facilitating appropriate and effective workplace on-the-job training.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records of individual learning and progress through the programme, providing swift support and intervention for those learners who start to fall behind.
- Support the learning process through use of learning resources, such as those on Fuse and ISP, supporting the development of independent learning skills.
- Maintain safe learning environments, effectively promoting Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent, and ensuring learners are aware of strategies for staying safe online.
- Ensure inclusive learning environments, effectively promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and British values and supporting learners to apply their understanding of EDI and British values in the workplace.
- Support learner progression English and maths functional skills qualifications up to and including Level 2, making effective use of initial and diagnostic assessment to promote progress, and support learners to effectively apply their maths and English skills in the work context.
- Where appropriately, liaise regularly with the Learning Support Coach team and support SEND learners to accommodate and/or overcome individual barriers to learning.
- Contribute to and participate in quality improvement activities, such as self-assessment processes, internal verification procedures and responding to learner feedback.
- Consistently demonstrate the Remit Brand Values and understand the relevant client culture and values, incorporate these within programme delivery.
- Take responsibility for keeping abreast of appropriate sector and educational developments, including industrial updating and participate in appropriate training and development activities that support your performance.
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate and modify training and development solutions in response to delegate satisfaction and key stakeholder feedback.
- Share responsibility for the security and general upkeep and housekeeping within the Remit training facility.
- Relevant vehicle maintenance and repair vocational qualification at level 3
- Good standard of general education including 5 GCSEs
- Recent relevant industrial experience, minimum of five years in motor vehicle academic or vocational field.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring learners with mixed abilities
- Teaching or Training experience
- Proven experience of consistently exceeding business targets
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent subject knowledge with a passion for the sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills and confidence to explore / exploit new technology
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload under pressure
- Good awareness of Safeguarding responsibilities.
- Committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Committed to the concept of continuous improvement and continuing professional development.
- Full valid driving licence
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Remit Training is an Investors in People Gold and Health & Wellbeing awarded employer who pride ourselves on being a company putting our learners and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. As an equal opportunity, disability confident and safeguarding committed employer, we welcome applications from all who meet our minimum requirements and any prospective colleagues will be assessed as part of a fair and Safer Recruitment process. An offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure & Barring Service and appropriate references.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/94174370