Wetherby, West Yorkshire
Brand New Exciting Career Opportunity
Wetherby, Sandbeck Industrial Estate, LS22 7DN
Metals4u is a highly successful business with over 20 years’ experience of supplying trade and domestic customers with a wide range of metal and plastic products, including made to order items cut to size in our warehouse. Our success has been built not only on the quality of our products but on the outstanding service we provide and the knowledge, experience and dedication of our valued workforce.
Orders are received via the internet, processed by our customer service team based in our busy call centre and then prepared, packed and despatched by our warehouse team who work across a range of shift patterns.
An attitude and determination for exceeding customer expectations is essential and a willingness to work as part of a team to achieve outstanding results and ensure that business objectives are efficiently and effectively met.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we are looking to appoint a Quality Controller to continue our drive to pick, cut, pack and despatch orders to the total satisfaction of our customer base. The role encompasses the following key duties:
- Monitoring the production line and carrying out regular Quality Control checks
- Undertake a range of product inspections using a variety of testing and measuring equipment including gauges and Vernier's
- Easily identifying a range of different metal materials (following training)
- Working with team members to ensure they are working in line with quality procedures and undertaking training where necessary
- Ensuring orders are produced accurately on time and are of the highest standard
- Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
- Evaluating and making decisions in relation to rejected products /materials
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing & implementing solutions
- Investigating & escalating non-conformances to management
- Satisfying customer expectations about the product's quality and delivery expectations
- Liaising with the customer service department in the resolution of customer complaints
- Efficiently reporting outcomes from investigations and quality procedures
- Identifying packaging problems, suggesting & implementing improvements
- Creating production plans for streamlining processes to guarantee quality from beginning to end
- Assisting with plans to implement ISO9001
- Adhering to strict health & safety guidelines
- A high attention to detail
- Be familiar with, and able to utilise, a range of imperial and metric measurements
- Manual handling experience in a factory/production setting
- A basic level of IT competency
- The ability to communicate within a team environment
- A desire to exceed customer expectations
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a willingness to learn and to develop yourself within the role.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is advantageous, but not essential, as full training and support will be provided at outset of employment and throughout
- Previous experience in a quality checking role would also be advantageous in a fast-moving goods department
- An exciting new role to develop and make your own, show what you can do and influence change.
- Opportunity to grow and progress with the company as it continues to expand.
- A competitive salary plus shift allowance, benefits and performance related bonus
- Full Time, permanent 40 hours pw