Are you a recent graduate looking to gain experience in a school environment and embark upon a career in education? Perhaps you would like the opportunity to trial working in a secondary school before committing to teacher training?
Connex Education are working some fantastic secondary schools in Nottingham who are seeking to recruit passionate and motivated graduates from all academic disciplines to join them to support as a teaching assistant across the school, working 1:1 or with small groups of students.
As a teaching assistant, you will show initiative and a drive to help students succeed by supporting them in the classroom, either in a group setting or on a one-to-one basis, in a variety of subjects. You will assist them with completing their work and help the class teacher promote a positive and successful learning environment, helping to keep students on task and engaged with the subject.
We are actively recruiting for secondary schools across Mansfield and the surrounding area however particular areas of interest at the moment are for our schools in Mansfield Woodhouse and Forest Town.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable, paid experience in secondary schools which will assist you should you wish to apply for teacher training in the future.
To be a successful Graduate Teaching Assistant you will need:
• Confidence and the ability to engage with pupils aged 11-16
• Excellent organisational skills
• Degree educated (in any discipline)
Working with Connex Education Partnership you will receive:
• Support from a dedicated consultant whenever needed.
• Ongoing CPD opportunities via our sister company, The Thirsty Scholars Partnership
• Ability to join our cohort of trainee teachers and gain a PGCE with QTS*
• Opportunities with secondary schools across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
To be considered for this role please send an up-to-date CV to
*Subject to hitting the specific criteria for TTTP – please enquire for more information