We are looking for a Food & Beverage Team Member to join the team at Novotel Cardiff Centre
Serves guests (prepares the dining room, provides waiter service and clears away) in the point of sale, in line with the F&B concept (restaurant, meeting room, breakfast, bar or patio). Provides a high standard of service both in terms of welcome and waiter service.
· Perform the tasks of order taking and maximise sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling. Ensure accuracy by repeating order(s) to the guests.
· Take orders and send them to kitchen staff through the POS system.
· Deliver orders promptly to the kitchen production area.
· Check ordered meals on collection from kitchen and deliver to guests promptly to maintain temperature and appearance ensure items are announced.
· Keep tables and service areas clean and tidy as per procedure manual.
· Maintain hygienic food service techniques during service.
· Take responsibility for your designated section and station.
· When working in Room Service promptly answer telephone and maximise sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling
· Ensure room service trays and trolleys are set-up correctly and collected promptly when guest(s) have finished.
· Any other reasonable request as required by your Supervisor or Hotel Management.
• customer service orientation
• attention to detail and accuracy
• ability to multitask and prioritize
• effective verbal and written communication skills
• ability to handle stress and stay calm under pressure
• conflict resolution skills
• flexible regarding work schedules
• Pension Scheme
• A Discount Card to be used in Accor Hotels Worldwide
• Complimentary stays in UK hotel (Bonus Breaks Vouchers - subject to availability and T&C)
• Training & Development
• Additional holidays with service
• International Development Opportunities
• And more: recommend a friend scheme; Employee Advisory Service, 130 hours per month
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: