Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join Airbus Defence & Space in Corsham, Wiltshire. You will report to the Head of Post Design Services (PDS) and support a global leading-edge service provider network.
You will ensure the ongoing integrity of customer services and be a key member of a highly skilled team as an expert in the design and diagnostics of a service provider network.
A significant part of this role is focused on the investigation of network behaviour diagnosing root causes and advising on operationally effective solutions.
You will use practical experience of supporting a secure network with a telecoms service provider and maintain appropriate levels of certification (CCNP), for which support will be provided in financial and study leave terms.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Implement & test the service (including provision of oversight for implementation activities). PDS engineers are expected to support installation at any of our customer’s sites. As a result overseas travel may be required.
· Support to the Observation Reporting process ensuring that new requirements are understood in the context of the current system. Must be part of the solution to the problem using expertise to drive to a satisfactory conclusion
· Provision of specialist 24/7 on-call network support on a rotation basis within a team.
· Ownership of assigned on-going fault investigations liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
· Problem diagnosis and recommending solutions.
· Review and feedback of user and system requirements in the service requirements specification, ensuring support requirements and strategies are catered for.
· Carrying out Validation, Verification & Test on delivered services and issue resolution.
· Review of test plans and specifications,
· Support the Early Life support process for a service as it transitions into operations between the service installation at customer site, and final handover.
· Delivery of the Password Management policy.
· Implementation of firmware and software patches on the network elements in accordance with the Patch Management Policy.
· Verify, schedule and delivery of IOS upgrades across the network to ensure equipment remains supportable
Your role will involve some travel to UK sites and occasional overseas visits.
Required Skills and Experience
· A valid Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification with daily experience of using this qualification
· A background supporting service provider networks
· Knowledge of IP, VOIP and MPLS systems
· Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions
What Airbus Can Offer You
A competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and very strong, very real strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus. Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief. Apply for this job