Location: Hillingdon (HA4)
Application deadline: Tuesday 5th October 2021
Salary: £20,530.13 per annum
An exciting opportunity to join our client as a Support Worker as they continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
Salary: £20,530.13 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities
Shift pattern: 7am - 3pm, 10am - 6pm, or 2pm - 10pm
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 33 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme (eligible after 12 months service)
About the role
The role of a Support Worker is to enable the people our client supports to manage aspects of their daily life.
Duties will include:
- Making a difference to the lives of those you support
- Help to use a range of recovery oriented and person-centred planning tools
- Ensure all plans and records relating to the people our client supports are accurate and up to date
- Support with everyday tasks to maximise the individual’s independence
- Work in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service
- Undertake various levels of personal care and manual handling
To be a Support Worker, experience is not essential. Full training will be given; however, the following are essential:
- Ability to motivate others and build confidence
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also be a great team player
- Practical, adaptable and organised
- Have interests and skills that they are willing to share and get others involved
- Ability to use technology – PC and modern technology equipment
About the Organisation
Our client is proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. They support more than 1,800 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, they have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both their Board and Leadership Team. As a result, they are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
They aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of their reputation as a London employer - employing more than 1,500 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £48m.
Our Client’s Values
Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Support Worker? Complete an application form and someone from our client’s Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. Our client is committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery, and they welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Our client reserves the right to close vacancies before the date stated when they have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.