About The Company
We create big, new ideas and deliver smart, on-point campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world. To do this, we bring strategy, campaign development and production together in one place.
And when we say ‘communications that actually work,’ we mean it. Because that’s the only way your brand can make the impact it deserves to make.
Purple is part of the HH Global family, working in over 65 countries with a team over 4000 strong – and we just keep growing. As a creative marketing communications and advertising agency, we work with brands across the health, B2B and B2C sectors.
Whether you’re in the UK, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, or somewhere else entirely, you’ll find a warm, friendly working atmosphere colours everything from our client interactions to our creative output. It’s the reason for our enduring client relationships and our regular service and communication awards.
- Have responsibility for and strategically manage and develop principle clients.
- Manage a portfolio of clients with a total revenue of >£500k per annum.
- Demonstrate good commercial knowledge, managing targets, reporting and budget responsibility including forecasting.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for organic client growth
- Interpret the requirements of the brief and deliver innovative solutions to drive the business forward.
- Play a key role in RFI/RFP and Pitch responses, being able to develop and present these responses to win new business.
- Line management responsibility. Be able to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Have overall responsibility for the outcome of all projects
You’ll love this role if you are:
- Strong in your tactical focus and understanding of strategy, with high confidence levels to challenge and lead discussions
- A skilled problem solver with an eye for detail
- Adept at building great relationships, both internally & with clients
- Experienced in agency life.
- Calm & motivating under pressure
- Able to play a major role in pitches and uncover new business opportunities
- Passionate about B2B or consumer brands, brand comms and developing the best campaigns
- Able to multi-task with ease
- Ownership of client account financial targets, turnover and profitability.
- Understand how to maximise revenue from client accounts
- Be able to maintain and drive the WIP, budgeting and forecasting process
- Confidently produce detailed estimates, even for new offerings
- Development & Ownership of Account Development Plans
- Be regarded by the client as an account handling expert who provides support and counsel.
- Be confident in challenging clients on briefs and objectives
- Where required, work seamlessly with the creative and strategy teams to provide value added input to client meetings and discussions
- Be able to predict and resolve issues in a timely manner, ensuring relevant team members are fully involved and aware.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and actively seek opportunities for further account development.
- Ensure accounts are managed profitably, reconciling agency hours and costs appropriately
- Ability to identify opportunities and actively convert these into briefs and revenue for the agency.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments on competitors and key audience trends and be able to talk knowledgably, with the client.
- Taking client briefs and pro-actively suggesting alternative solutions to the client – adding value, up selling and cross selling where possible.
- Working to ensure that the client has confidence the project and campaigns will meet or exceed their expectations
- Confidently suggesting ways to add value and new solutions
Project Management be responsible for:-
1. Project initiation
- Initial understanding of project purpose and the project objectives
- Defining the project, building the project quotation for internal and 3ird party services
- Communicating clearly to the client what is being delivered and the associated costs
- Identify key milestones related to project delivery and control
- Proactively following up on all quotations sent to the client
- Creating the project brief and briefing the relevant parties
- Liaising with the in-house team and external vendors to build the project schedule
- Communicating the schedule to all parties and making them aware of their actions
- Communicating any changes to the schedule to all parties, negotiating new dates that still meet the project deadline
- Building contingency plans
- Ownership of the project, demonstrating leadership qualities and a positive approach
- Holding briefing and check-point calls to keep all parties updated.
- Informing the client of any cost implications before proceeding
- Monitoring and controlling the project schedule, immediately communicating to the client any changes or delays
- Ensuring that the project always remains in scope.
- Monitoring and maintaining the right balance of quality, time, money and people
- Following up with the client with a wrap-up meeting and to encourage then to discuss future projects
- Conducting an internal wrap-up meeting to determine process improvements
- Be accountable for account quality, creativity and innovation, revenue and profitability.
- Reach out to senior management for early alerts of risks to client satisfaction and agency income, and propose solutions
- Participation in supporting and leading client workshops and quarterly business reviews.
- Play a key role on pitch proposals and delivery
- Keep brands strategy in focus through project life cycle
Developing new business
- Opportunities for organic growth of existing accounts
- Opportunities to cross-sell within the client company.
- Proactively support in new business pitches
- Proactively ‘pull on’ client contacts for new business opportunities
- Identify growth opportunities at all levels
- Lead and motivate those working with and for you, including line management and support your teams’ development
- Support the wider team with developing strategic understanding
- Be excellent at managing relationships across the organisation
- Ensure your team is clear as to the financial goals for the year and the plans for achieving them.
- Always project Purple/Adare positively within the organisation and ensure team members do the same
- Good people management & motivation skills (both internally and externally) and a proven track record of building lasting relationships with clients
- Great presentation skills and ability to drive pitch success
- Digitally savvy and a willingness to find new and exciting ways to communicate
- A positive, proactive, outgoing personality with a genuine enjoyment of client contact and teamwork.
- Quality conscious with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client focussed with excellent client facing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet/exceed timelines
- Demonstrate professionalism to clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Commercial business drive, determination to achieve excellence.
- Marketing / Creative agency experience.
- B2B experience helping to shape the clients’ brands strategic or tactical plans.
- Commercial business knowledge.
- Educated to degree standard preferably in business or marketing management
What else is in it for you?
As a member of the HH Global family, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive programme of rewards and benefits, including personalised career development.
It’s our people, and our passion, that have made us the first-choice partner for some of the world’s most influential brands – and we recognise that in as many ways as possible.
We’re committed to giving back, whether it’s through charity work, community projects or supporting the environment. We have our very own Giving Back team who manage and coordinate our initiatives globally.
If you’re looking for an exciting new opportunity within a dynamic, ambitious, growing agency, this could be the role for you!