McCann Health is one of the largest and most awarded health networks in Europe. Through combining the power of Science, Creativity and Strategy together we strive to integrate advertising, design, relationship and digital marketing, shopper experience and production to deliver best-in-class strategic and creative services to some of the world’s top as well as emerging health and wellness brands. At McCann Health we are proud to be #1 awarded network for creative globally, including the prestigious Health Network of the Year at Cannes Lions for two years running.
As Tech Lead, you set the technical vision and standards for digital build projects and work with the digital team to realise that ambition. You propose, implement and support technological solutions that deliver against business and marketing objectives. You strive for innovation, excellence and accuracy at all times, collaborating with team members and building relationships with clients and their technical/IT teams.
You’ll be a success if you:
- Provide technical leadership on projects relating to software development, configuration, testing and/or integration of products to meet clients’ business requirements.
- Educate other team members on digital solutions and capabilities; be an internal and external expert for all things technology.
- Be part of a team of digital experts who build a stream of world class digital campaigns and products.
- Lead the discovery and understanding of client technical infrastructure and capabilities including web and database platforms, content management systems, CRM, email marketing, data capture and management, campaign management/marketing platforms and automation.
- Collaborate with project managers to develop detailed scopes and budgets
- Make recommendations on platform/system selection for clients, including the creation of supporting documentation and case building.
- Build on the internal development process.
- Build and implement a testing and QA plan for individual projects, and overall QA strategy.
- Identify and help mitigate delivery risks, dependencies and complexities.
- Ensure timely delivery of multiple projects from simple prototyping to complex web builds
- Demonstrate imagination and ambition for the health solutions we shape.
- Constructively and knowledgably input into UX design.
- Input into broader digital and multichannel strategies, creative campaigns and design.
- Understand and have an appetite for the trends driving changes in the global healthcare and their application.
- Ensure highest security and compliance standards are maintained.
- Write supporting technical specifications for all digital projects.
- Participate in new business pitches and provide relevant expertise and skill set in the technical field.
- Participate in and contribute to strategic meetings with client and account management to deepen understanding of clients’ objectives, briefs and better inform digital projects.
- Help deliver original/inventive digital concepts and ideas to make McCann Health digital offering truly captivating and cutting edge.
- Innovate and seek out cutting edge solutions to support our congress and event content.
- Grow and maintain solid trust and rapport with day-to-day clients and their in-house digital and technical teams.
- Present technical work in a compelling way to capture and hold attention of audience, internally and with client.
- Clearly and articulately explain and if required, constructively defend, complex ideas to clients.
Teamwork & Direction
- Keep up to date with the latest technological practices and support agency thought leadership in the area.
- Working alongside the Operations Director to manage projects and work with additional technical freelancers, and any other 3rd parties regarding technical requirements for digital work within allocated projects.
- Proactively communicate and consult with team members regarding presentation work, quality control, submissions and deadlines.
- Collaboration with other key team members involved in the delivery of digital projects including creative, design, strategy, content, studio, project and account management.
- Able to establish trust and strong relationships with various agency teams.
- Contribute to pitching and building new business opportunities.
- Actively maintain an understanding of how work moves through the agency, follow and promote best practice and standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrate through attitude and everyday actions a support for a culture of diversity and inclusion, respect for others, collaboration, responsibility and accountability.
- Contribute to a culture of personal growth and high performance through strong collaboration, knowledge sharing and mentoring.
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Experience in an agency environment with experience in solid array and prototyping software skills
- UI skills - HTML, CSS, Sass, JS, RWD, accessibility, prototyping, UI testing, end-to-end testing
- Technical skills - JS, React, Git, build process, framework experience, code-review experience
- Knowledge of CMS platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager and Salesforce
- Health sector experience and expert knowledge of systems such as Veeva
- Experience in defining and setting up technical processes within a team or agency
- Ability to share thought leadership internally and externally
You’ll be rewarded with:
- 25days annual leave plus Christmas Close down
- Summer Fridays – we finish at 3pm on Fridays during the summer
- Competitive Salary
- Great training and development
- Life Assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Private Healthcare
- Headspace and mental health wellness programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long Service Award
- Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible working
If you feel the above speaks to your career ambitions, then get in touch.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to achieving our mission – to help our client’s brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. We view diversity as a business imperative that, when incorporated into all agency practices, becomes a competitive advantage, driving growth and organizational sustainability. As we position ourselves for a future of increased competition and disruption, we’re accelerating beyond merely acknowledging differences. Our philosophy is that consistent practices and deliberate actions that foster an inclusive culture, unleash the creative power of our talent and our work. We call this Conscious Inclusion.