SEND Behaviour Support Assistant
Pay £66 – 75 per day via PAYE
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are experience supporting children in the UK.
Contract dates: September/October 2021
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a SEND Behaviour Support Assistant to work in a Pupil Referral Unit in the Gravesend area. Each class has only 7-8 students and your role would be to ensure students are working and staying focused in lessons. The students ages would range from Key Stage 2- Key Stage 4 year old and students can pose challenging behaviours, so de-escalation skills are essential. The typical school day runs from 08:30 until 15:30.
• Have experience in a UK primary, secondary or SEND school- preferably a PRU
• Have previous experience of working with students with ASD, SEMH or as a 1:1 support role.
• Available full time
• Possess a flexible work ethic, be willing to adapt and work to deadlines successfully.
About Teaching Personnel
Teaching Personnel are the market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Teaching Personnel offer
As a valued employee of Teaching Personnel, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEND Behaviour Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.