Lead Engineer – Cyber Security
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke – what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven’t looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it – it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!
Your Dream Role
- Lead the development of cyber security requirements, cyber security management system and implement the security plan for projects across all Alexander Dennis products.
- An exciting opportunity to be the leading subject matter expert within Alexander Dennis for vehicle cyber security.
- Undertake cyber security activities in the development phases of the security lifecycle and the Engineering Product Development process.
- Initiate and lead production vehicle security audits.
- Partner with Engineers delivering cyber security work products to provide assistance, guidance, and ongoing support.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Cyber Security Management system on behalf of Engineering and support similar activities across the business functions.
- Develop and delivery of training and coaching for cyber security and best practice.
- Strive to continuously improve and develop the security culture within ADL and the wider NFI Group.
- Influence design decisions and educate stakeholders by presenting reasoned safety analysis and arguments. Generate technical documentation to a high standard for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of cyber security management system implementation or use.
- You will bring a detailed understanding and experience of cyber security analysis, vehicle electrical systems and controls.
- Demonstrable experience of ISO21434 or equivalent cyber security standards and an awareness of UN ECE reg 155 and reg 156.
- Excellent project management skills, with experience of delivering and documenting projects to meet customer and business expectations.
- Knowledge of communication protocols and tools, e.g. CAN, LIN, IP Experience.
- Experience of wireless connectivity systems (e.g. 4G, 5G, WiFi, bluetooth)
- Relationship building will come easily to you. You will be confident and won’t shy away from working with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- Driven, curious, and passionate about delivering the highest quality of work at all times.
- Things can be hectic here. You will have the ability to plan and deliver concurrent tasks and projects, thriving under pressure.
- Generally, someone who is approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- HNC/Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic or Software Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Able to travel between our UK sites as required.
- A competitive salary package – we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment. You will have a real input into how we do this.
- You will work with some incredibly intelligent and driven people and get involved with complex projects which you won’t find anywhere else.
- We don’t employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in coming ‘aboard’, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you’re interested and why we should hire you!
Due to the volume of applications received, please note that those submitted without a covering letter may not be reviewed.
*Recommend a Friend is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org