New EA role based at a client based in central Reading, can work from home
Main Duties and Responsibilities Executive Assistant
To act as the first point of contact on behalf of the member
- By using initiative appropriately, assess and prioritise incoming requests and enquiries, deflect and/or signpost and/or delegate to others on member's behalf. This includes dealing with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Take full ownership, responsibility and accountability on tasks, issues and enquiries (where appropriate); progress/chase to satisfactory completion and provide priority updates and/or draft results/responses to the member.
- To provide a comprehensive service in respect of meetings and events chaired or led by the team. This includes taking ownership of the full organisation of meetings/events including liaison with Members, internal and external agencies and resources in respect of booking venues, facilities, refreshments; as well as a full invitation service, greeting service, agenda creation and circulation, paperwork/presentation preparation, minute-taking and circulation of completed minutes and related paperwork (unless the meeting is covered by Committee Administration). Progress / chase any actions as require
- To undertake, organise, manage and maintain:
- The member's meetings and appointments via an electronic diary including resolving diary conflicts by the accurate assessment of and negotiation of priorities.
- A full message service, ensuring prompt responses to enquiries, within Customer Service standards.
- A robust forward planning system to ensure efficient tracking of progress on actions and preparation for meetings/appointments to make the best use of the Executive Director's time.
- All incoming and outgoing mail for the member, preparation or delivery of a draft correspondence
- for the member for all MP and Councillor enquiries, FOIs and complaints that have been prioritised for a response from the member. This includes using business knowledge and understanding of the member and Council priorities to appropriately signpost, progress chase and track enquiries/requests through to resolution as well as appropriately flagging priority items for the member's attention.
- Full event management for the member for conferences, seminars, internal training events including travel arrangements and any other requirements such as the creation of visual aids i.e. PowerPoint presentations, handouts, slides.
- To undertake routine administration tasks such as typing confidential documents, collecting and collating information into draft documents, updating relevant databases and websites, photocopying, filing, raising purchase orders and receipting invoices.
- To prepare all paperwork - including any distribution of papers for Corporate/Directorate Management Team meetings, Lead Member Briefing Meetings and minute accordingly.
- To do research as requested e.g. create short briefing notes from policy summaries or reports; personal profile summaries.
- To act as project liaison for any projects being led by the Senior Leadership Team - this includes ownership of key tasks; plan preparation, audit filing, coordination of task completion by various sources, ownership of key issues within the project
- To maintain high levels of confidentiality, trust and discretion both on behalf of member and Council Members, acting with tact and diplomacy at all times.
- To be proactive in cultivating positive working relationships with all contacts on behalf of the member, using opportunities to promote, maintain and enhance the Council's image, values and priorities.
- To maintain awareness of the political environment and the potential impact of own actions.
Executive Assistant to Assistant Director
- Provide comprehensive diary management; organisation of meetings, conferences, travel requirements, managing conflicts, accepting and declining meetings as appropriate
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Senior Leadership team - deflecting and signposting/delegating to others as required. Maintenance, monitoring and responding to email, including when the supported persons are not available to manage their own e-mails.
- To provide full administrative support for meetings agreed - this includes preparing the agenda, invitations, meet and greet service, venue arrangements, minute taking and distribution of papers as required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/94704078