Title: Development Project Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
Verelogic are seeking a Development Project Manager on behalf of our client, to focus on delivery of new wind power projects and potentially work on our client's other renewable energy projects (solar, storage) depending on business requirements.
The sucessful candidate will manage running the project (including budget, programme and team management) and deciding project strategy up to the point of planning consent; handle and undertake community relations and communications; produce an Environmental Statement; and secure planning consent. You will work on at least 2 development projects at any one time with the total number depending on business and project requirements.
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in a relevant discipline, e.g. renewable energy development, environmental management/consultancy, town planning, property development, etc.
This role is key to securing planning consent for a new project, the stage at which most of the project's profit is secured.
The Senior Development Project Manager will be your line manager and you will also support other Development Project Managers. During the development phase you will report to a Senior Development Project Manager for project-related matters in the Development Phase, and to a Construction Manager for project-related matters in the Construction Phase.
- Add customer value and reduce costs (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) for projects ensuring project viability on a subsidy free basis through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and creative engineering and design opportunities, and project economic/financial modelling.
- Set and lead the project programme following strategy to consent.
- Manage all risks on projects using appropriate tools and contracts.
- Manage project budget to point of consent: includes management of all hours and costs.
- Manage EIA screening, scoping and producing the planning application, normally accompanied by an Environmental Statement (ES).
- Manage external consultants and internal technical or engineering support in relation to the project design, ES production, or condition discharge bundles.
- Manage property - ensuring property is secured on viable terms - supported by the Property Manager.
- Coordinate engineering design, technical studies and grid requirements along with a solid understanding of how to maximise profit and the probability of securing planning consent - supported by the Engineer/Technical Analyst.
- Manage planning consent process, including application submission, driving towards a consent and post consent requirements.
- Ensure project documentation and consultation is aligned with planning policy and EIA regulations.
- Handling external partner relationships, including landowners, local community, planning bodies, local politicians and other influencers including objectors, all consultees statutory or otherwise, grid companies, consultants, suppliers, regulators and media.
- Handle relationships with external clients, including business development and client management.
- Create a communications plan, with support from the Community Relations Manager, focussed on obtaining planning consent at least cost in minimum time whilst retaining our client's reputation.
- Knowledge and understanding of planning policy relating to renewable energy is a key requirement.
- Knowledge of the drivers for a successful development and understanding of the common risks.
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact regulations.
- Project economics & commercial aspects of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial approach and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to handle and co-ordinate inputs from external consultants and project team members.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience with the English / Welsh planning systems
- Manage projects within resource and budget constraints.
- Experience of team coordination.
- Deal with stakeholders, e.g. planning authorities and other project partners, landowners, general public, project contractors, external consultants and development partners.
- Produce Planning Applications, Environmental Statements and planning condition discharge bundles.
- Degree in planning, environmental, engineering, technical or science-based subject or equivalent.
- Professional qualification or working towards Professional qualification, e.g. MRTPI / MRICS / MIEMA
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/94712282