Full Time - Permanent
Up to £21430.00 + Benefits
BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Phlebotomist to join their team of staff in the Pathology department. This role will be working as part of the MDT within an outpatient setting.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience working as a phlebotomist in a hospital or GP setting.
- Experience with sample processing desirable
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Previous experience in a clinical environment/ medical laboratory
- Phlebotomy qualification required
- Good organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous Phlebotomy experience essential
- Cannulation experience desirable
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an effective and efficient Phlebotomy services to all areas of the hospital in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the clinical team.
- To maintain efficient processes and perform tasks associated with specimen collection and handling, to handover to laboratory staff and provide advice on such to the wider hospital.
- Adequate checking of specimens, ensuring correct packaging and dispatch of specimens.
- Act as a key user for IMS Maxims / other electronic Pathology Order Communication System where in use; ensure correct data entry into IMS Maxims / other ordering system when placing requests with receiving laboratory, where in use.
- Appropriate and relevant use of patient management and scheduling systems.
- Receipt and distribution of results to wards, departments and consultants.
- Where relevant entering charges onto hospital system and ensuring that all
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 30 days
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development; free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- NHS Blue Light Discount Card
- Plus much more
Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy