Due to continued expansion and business growth, our client – a structural steelwork fabricator based in the West Midlands - now requires an additional Structural Steelwork Designer. The company design and fabricate a wide range of steelwork projects, typically in size of around 150 to 300 tonnes
Role / Duties:
- Producing steelwork connection & frame designs to Eurocode/BS standards as required.
- Provide technical design advice to internal Drawing Office staff as required along with detailed moment connections and other complex connections above the standard / simple connections that are handled by the drawing office staff.
- Providing estimate designs working with estimating department on quotes.
- Attend design / contract meetings to discuss design element of projects.
- Attend launch meetings as requested for all new projects.
- Liaise and help contract / site / erection managers with advice for erection process ensuring structural integrity and stability during erection process, help with method statements etc.
- Candidates are sought that have solid experience of structural steelwork frame and connection design, preferably working for a steelwork fabricator or associated engineering business.
- Projects are typically of a beam and stick or portal frame nature, so experience of such designs along with producing moment connection designs for the drawing office is essential.
- Candidates that are chartered or non-chartered - equally welcomed to apply
- Experience using steelwork design software packages required - the company use a variety of design software systems including the Trimble/Tekla Design suite.
- Full UK driving license.
- This is a full time, permanent PAYE position.
- Salary £45,000 to £55,000 (D.O.E.) plus all overtime paid.
- Good career prospects.
- Welcoming, friendly working environment.
If you require more information please contact our team at Steel Connexions in the strictest of confidence.
All applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV. (Agy)
Steel Connexions Ltd. is a specialist recruitment company, dedicated to the structural steelwork industry, and associated trades, owned and managed by industry experts.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/94722770